Blackland SE...... Just around the corner. Killer looks...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

LOL! I’ll be on it brother like white on rice. My Razor - Fu is top notch..... :kar:

clint64 likes this.
  2. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

They have a few new things coming out, including a new finish for the Blackbird.

It's a black PVD coating

[​IMG]

Str8on2 likes this.
  3. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

I’ll be there ready to go.

4. Str8on2

One more look at this beauty....
    Oh Yeah, It's on!

editDSC_9699.jpg editDSC_9735.jpg editDSC_9748.jpg editDSC_9736.jpg editDSC_9715.jpg

5. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

Placed my order and now the grueling wait for delivery. Can’t wait.

Flyingbald, clint64 and Str8on2 like this.
  6. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the reviews, especially how it compares to the General.

7. Str8on2

A great shave. Schick Proline and the Vector were meant to be. 1st shave in but, I’m impressed with the mild feel on the face with excellent efficiency. Nice, neutral balance that feels great in the hands. I believe the handle is just about perfect in length and grip with a good balance. Not much blade reveal but, it cuts deceptively good. More shaves to follow with my Feathers & Kai’s. Good start. Correction, great start.....

438EDB6E-1C5C-4E66-849E-191AC14BC0B7.jpeg

8. Str8on2

A few pics out of the box and a blade installed. Apologies for the crappie pics.....

9CD5B25B-B834-4263-8BD9-0BDB9B4F97C3.jpeg C8B11567-842A-44B4-8700-CC63C0EA803B.jpeg 22541373-78EC-439F-B189-90639CCD6AFC.jpeg 0E6534B1-7E80-442D-A9D2-4B2BCE111605.jpeg 03AE424B-0801-4044-9F35-C1F14ADCA879.jpeg

9. Str8on2

A few more....

6555647C-10BA-429C-BB71-FF1D0FF33EF4.jpeg 0E35773E-0873-432B-B18F-17AAA57E1D96.jpeg 25B31492-76AE-4E47-91BD-BE9D1A95ABB2.jpeg

10. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

Loving mine so far. Can’t wait for the morning shave. Trying to decide on which blade first as I have a few Feathers and the Kai Titan Mild.

11. Str8on2

Same here. I have a few blades that I’m going to run through the Vector. But, I want to dial it in with the Proline and then after about 3-4 shaves, bring in the others and play with them, especially the Feather Pro Super. It’s my favorite.

12. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

I don’t have any of the Prolines. How do they compare to the Feathers and Kai Titan Milds?

I will start with either the Kai or the Feather ProGuard and then move on the the Feather Professionals.

clint64, Str8on2 and Linuxguile like this.
  13. Str8on2

They are actually quite good. Have a nice smooth and sharp edge. They don't feel as harsh as the Feathers do on the initial shave. More forgiving in my experience. Longevity is pretty darn good too. Feather Pro's and Supers need a couple of shaves to break them in. But, after that, they're ready to go.

clint64 likes this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Sexy![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

First Vector shave is in the books. I have been back using the Trac II for a long while so I started off with the Feather ProGuard. Ended with a nice shave but not very smooth at all. NO burn, no irritation and zero feedback from the Alum but it just wasn't smooth. Love the razor and am looking forward to another shave or two to see if this blade may settle down. If not, on to the next blade. Can't wait.

16. Str8on2

To be honest, I don't think this razor needs a guarded blade in it. The blade exposure/reveal is not overly done and the gap is not that big. Do you have any Schick Prolines or Feather Pros? It might be a tad bit smoother with the unguarded blades.....

clint64 likes this.
  17. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

After a few more shaves I switched it up this morning and went with a Kai Captain Titan Mild. All I can say is OUTSTANDING! Completely different razor this morning. Went with just a two pass face shave followed by a single ATG pass head shave and it was flawless. One of the nicest, smoothest head shaves I've ever obtained and this is with less than a weeks worth of shaves on the Vector. I am impressed. Love it. Thanks Blackland Razors!

Flyingbald, clint64, ShaneS and 2 others like this.
  18. Str8on2

I had a minor mishap over the Thanksgiving weekend that produced this terrible result. And it was totally my fault to be honest on a boneheaded
    move on my part......

23DF857E-50B0-4721-99C3-00A406A46E50.jpeg

Yup. Dropped it over the sink during clean up after I had just finished my Thanksgiving morning shave. Hit the SS faucet and...... Big dent. I had a panic attack. I went full boil mode, like Goldilocks getting caught by the three bears. I know, it's only a razor and I'm embellishing a bit here but, I was upset with myself nonetheless. I was looking forward to putting it up against the Paradigm Ti SE that came in over the weekend and let the 2 go at it.

Anyways, in my shear mode of desperation, I emailed Shane over at Blackland and explained my situation and had told him that I'd pay for it even though there were no parts for sale on his website. Here's the email I sent and the answer I received from him yesterday.....

Hi Augustin,

What a shame! Not to worry, though. I'll pop a new base plate in the mail for you tomorrow. You've been a great customer for the last year or two so no need to pay for the replacement part.

Thank you!

Shane Swartzlander
    Blackland LLC
    shane@blacklandrazors.com
    www.blacklandrazors.com
    (765)268-0525

---- On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:17:21 -0500 Squarespace <no-reply@squarespace.info> wrote ----

Name: Augustin Jaime

Email Address: ************@********

Subject: Disaster! My Vector got bent!!

First I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving for you, your family and loved ones. May it be a day of cheer, good eats and laughter.

My dilemma. Disaster struck me this morning right after my shave. I was setting my SOTD pic for one of the shave forums when the unspeakable happened. I dropped my Vector razor and it hit a corner of my SS sink in the bathroom and it bent the guard terribly. It was a complete brain dead move. I’m asking if there are replacement base plates so that I can purchase one asap. If they are not available as a stand alone yet, please let me know when they become available? I’m in dire straights here as so far it has been without a doubt my favorite SE and one of my top 5 razors in my den. Just kidding on the dire straights part but, whenever they are available just let me know. My apologies for troubling you during the holidays.

Much thanks and appreciated......

Sincerest Regards,
    Augustin

(Sent via Blackland)

Customer service at its finest. A class act and gets it. And he will continue to get my business. Polished Vector once available will be on the way on my end. Blackland has earned my loyalty...

Just thought I'd share this little story for anyone on the fence with some vendors or manufacturers. There's some that get it Gents.....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    jluc and Flyingbald like this.
  19. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

That’s awesome customer service and I’m right there with you in line for a polished Vector.

Str8on2 likes this.
  20. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Great outcome. Glad it's working out and you'll get back up and shaving with your Blackland SE. That looks like such a terrific razor, I might add it to my letter to Santa.
    Customer service is always at the top of my list of considerations when settling on a vendor and it doesn't get much better than this.
    Enjoy!

Str8on2 likes this.