What's your coffee this morning

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

This might be a little cliche (not as bad as Pumpkin Spice)... But in the fall I'll cook up a few batches of Cinnamon Syrup (same as Simple Syrup but with a Cinnamon stick) and add a splash to my coffee or evening beverage. It really gives it a nice subtle fall taste.

Cinnamon Syrup: 1 part Water, simmered with a Cinnamon stick for 20-30 mins, then add 1 part Sugar, simmered until fully dissolved, let cool and bottle with the Cinnamon stick.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Maj. Dickason, for the first time in a long time. Perked in a percolator, a welcome change.

3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Just fresh ground coffee from the local Whole Paycheck. I find it to be a lot better than anything in a can or vacuum pack. They jacked up the price recently, so I will have to find another source. Also, the store is really starting to decline after the Amazon takeover.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

My favorite type of stuff good-n-cheap!! lots of really good flavor.

Frijolero and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Another one I like is Eight O'Clock coffee. Nice and inexpensive in beans.

gorgo2, Paul Turner and Frijolero like this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Agreed. Let's just keep the pumpkin spice in the donuts where it belongs. :D

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I tried my first pot of Cafe Bustelo today. Good java.

ordinaryshaver and gorgo2 like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Starbux House Blend, ground....straight black.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

The Major is my favorite Peet's.

gorgo2 likes this.
  10. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I don't always have time for the french press and frothed milk so I use a Keurig from time to time. I've been using Dunkin' Donuts lately and thought I'd try something different. Picked up some of Keurig's Donut Shop Dark Coffee and was immediately impressed with the fuller flavor of this one. Nice stuff.

image.png

11. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

both folgers and Kona sunrise

gorgo2 likes this.
  12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

My Bride and I are enjoying Day Tripper Medium Roast from a local roaster, Good Folks Coffee Company. We used fresh coarse ground beans and made it in our French Press. I need to get more practice using my French Press and my hand held burr grinder. It's a good cup of coffee.

13. Orville

Orville Active Member

Iowa Coffee Company, Big Whiskey blend. The guy lives like 10 miles from me and it's unbelievably fresh. He even delivers it to my door.

wristwatchb, BamaT and Paul Turner like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Well, the Shemp avatar was fun to look at while it lasted(bebebebebebebebe)

gorgo2 likes this.
  15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I can’t stand Folgers, it’s very bitter to me. They evidently use a lot of Robusta beans in their blend.

My favorite, and it was in my cup this morning, is Aldi’s whole bean 100% Arabica from Peru, medium roast. Best coffee for the money in my humble option. I grind it as I need it. I think the flavor is much fresher when fresh ground.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  16. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Ok, let me preface this by saying I understand that coffee from a Kuerig is at the bottom of the list for coffee. Having said that, I am the only who drinks any sort of coffee in my home.
    So, after following Fuzzys advice about Cafe Bustello, what other kinds of "main line" brands are good?

I like my coffee strong and black, so I usually use Starbucks french roast, but I can't stand to buy them any more.
    I know there have to be brands out there that are similar to cafe bustello, and community coffee with Chickory.

So, bean heads, please enlighten me.

17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Speedy/Stop's Texas Pecan, with some Half/Half. Mmmmm Mmmmm good.

18. Paul Turner

Dunkin Coffee* Black this morning.

*Oh yeah, they serve duffnuts, too.

19. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I don't know about Keurig K cups, but the Vue machines produce excellent brews. Caribou brand in Vue cups is some of the finest coffee I've ever had and I'm pretty picky about my coffee.

20. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I suppose this is a Texas based brand?

I tried them once, didn't like it, but I will try again.
    I'm fairly certain that they make K Cups.
    I have heard about that brand and seen it before ,I'll give it a try!

BigMike likes this.