How's Your Day? Nov. 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Luke - I'm hoping for the best

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I'm certainly hoping and praying for a "no issues" outcome for you. And try not to get too wound up about it until you know something certain. Worry only makes things worse for you and doesn't change any test results. (I know that's easy for me to say.)

brit and Erik Redd like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Not a good beginning.....sore throat&cold appears to be headed my way. Good shave, though.

4. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

The 12 th was a lousy day.Started out fair enough until lunch time when I ate a bowl of homemade chili and laid down for a nap.The 3 jack russel dogs joined me.I was awakened by my wife coming into the room telling me her and others had been calling me to tell me that a friend was taken to the hospital in bad shape.So I jumped up and headed to the ICU .My friend passed away later that evening.

5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I am in the process of trying to find my billfold. For the life of me, I know I had it the other day, when I was home, got up to go to work, couldn't find it at all!!!

The only bad thing about Texas, if you are trying to get a new liscense for the 1st time or renewing, it is an act of Congress.
    Looks like I am headed to the DMV today on my day off.

brit likes this.
  6. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Rooting for you!

7. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear. My deepest condolences.

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Looks like someone left the window open again.....

:D

Intrigued likes this.
  9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I have lifted you up in prayer, and will continue to do.

10. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Went to the Dr. for a sinus infection and bronchitis. Got a couple shots and a bag of meds...already feeling better.

Paul Turner and Erik Redd like this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was a particularly good one. I had a Skype chat with my Afghan student (the young man who is in college). His classes are taught in English, so I asked if he needed help with the academic vocabulary. He said that, though some students had difficulty following it, he could because I had already taught him many of the word and phrases his teachers used (just in case you were wondering why I became a teacher...).

Later in the day, I was able to get out of the house (I'm still supposed to be resting my foot). One of the other instructors from the Archery club picked me up & drove me to the range, so we could give lessons to a group of Girl Scouts. The were well-behaved, curious and eager. So the lesson was satisfying and it was just so good to get out of the house for a while.

AGHisBBS, brit, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  12. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

It's been a week since my CT scan...no calls from the hospital or any of my 3 doctors' offices. I'm breathing a bit lighter now...thinking that things are not bad enough to give me the news before my appointment with my ENT surgeon in a week and a half.

So that's good

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@lradke that sounds encouraging. Please keep us up to date! We are all praying for your continued good news.

lradke and richgem like this.
  14. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

So far so good! Praying for ya, matey!

-+-+-+-+-

As for me: I'm well enough, I guess. Got another cotract for a year at work - good to be able to keep getting the bacon home. Still I'm looking out for something better. The weekly shift changes (morning, evening or night) seem to get to my system. All weekend I kind of need to perfect the art of being a couch potato to load up for the next week. It bothers me that I lack the energy to be more active.

Yesterday we went to Maastricht (2 hours drive from where we live) for our son. He's studying to become a teacher for fine art and design. He's in his third year now (of four) and they had an open day when young students aspiring to become teachers can come and see what it's all about. He did a great job at presenting how he got into this and how things roll. Very proud father over here! (as if I wasn't already... :D

AGHisBBS, lradke, Intrigued and 3 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

the couch is my friend on the weekends too..

macaronus likes this.
  16. richgem

Congrats on the new contract and hoping that something more regular (in terms of shifts) comes along soon. Crazy sleep cycles really wreck havoc on the body and the mind.

Laughing over here on this side of the Atlantic.... one of the short essays I have to write for my dutchpod Level 5 test is on the Wijngaard Apostelhoeve* in Maastricht. The topic was my choice... I knew nothing about the wine industry in NL, so I asked google.nl for the tourist version and here we are. The essay is more reading comprehension (the sites I use have to be in Dutch) ... a little about the place, the population of Maastricht, how to get there from the capital, and where to stay in the area.

(* to the non-Dutch... this is the oldest commercial winery in the Netherlands dating back to the ancient days of the 1970s. :eek: Although wine has been made in the Netherlands since Roman Times.)

As an aside, having a VPN with an option for a Dutch server is a huge help toward getting non-EN pages. Altho some sites insist on reading the system language (looking at you ketelone.nl) instead of my virtual location.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  17. richgem

Only good news from here!

lradke and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

relaxing day, playing in "the den".shave later and post..running the shop this next week, boss on holiday.. a little stressed .should be fine..a prayer for those who are having a more stressful time..

macaronus likes this.
  19. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I sat in my couch today and rested and recouped from my almost 28 hours since black friday.
    I went in to work at 6am Black Friday, and got off at 10pm. Then Saturday, 7am to 9 pm. I love my job, and I'm lucky to have one, but my back ain't what it used to be and those long days are a drain.

AGHisBBS, Paul Turner and macaronus like this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I was back to the ophthalmologist today. The good news is that there are no changes in my eyes (i.e. my retina is still intact.)
    The bad news is that there are no changes in my eyes (i.e. I can still see that darned floater.)