The one thing you dislike...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark83, Oct 2, 2018.

1. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I'll second this one. And the older I get the more that seems to appear on my ears than my head. I don't cut them. I pluck them. The woman that cuts my hair says to continue plucking and not to shave it. I do find the hairs are getting finer as time goes on. Maybe they'll go away altogether. Not likely.

Redrock, brit, Keithmax and 1 other person like this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Well, actually it was a mistake, but on the other hand it made me look almost human. :cool:

In fact my mom told me I looked handsome. I know. She is biased, or, more to the point, it wouldn't have helped the festive mood if she would have said: "Yeah, the costume looks good, but you still ugly as hell." :happy097:

Close.

marriage.jpg
    The pic isn't sharp, but neither am I.:D

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

A handsome couple to be sure. I was expecting something more like this. But, you had long hair in your picture. :D
    [​IMG]

wristwatchb, BigMike, Redrock and 5 others like this.
  4. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nice picture.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, brit and 2 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

You're sharp enough not to let that lovely lady get away.

By the way, nice work on the outfit. :happy088:

wristwatchb, Redrock, brit and 2 others like this.
  6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

"Costume" ;)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's deep.

Redrock likes this.
  8. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Count me among those who dislike that they waited so long to discover real shaving. I walked into Walgreens one day to buy more cart refills. The price was over $15. I asked myself why I was spending all that money to be in pain. I put them down and left the store. I suffered ingrown hairs and irritation badly. I finally did the smart thing: I went to the internet and did some research. I then went to Amazon and ordered a Merkur 34c HD. Wow! I just checked my Amazon orders and I have been traditional wet-shaving since 2011. I then went to CVS pharmacy and got a puck of Williams and a cheap "badger" brush. That first shave wasn't great, but it didn't hurt, so I figured I was on to something. I have better hardware and software now, but most important, my technique is better. Just like MntnMan62, lack of money keeps the acquisition disorder in check.

Trigger, BigMike, Redrock and 5 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I've come to believe that wet shaving actually causes cognitive dissonance.

BigMike, Redrock, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  10. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Then they are clumsy rather than stealthy. I also detest shills. Vendors have tried to get me to post fake reviews here. I refused to respond, and will not mention the vendors or their products to avoid giving them any publicity whatsoever. Besides being dishonest, shilling is also a violation of forum rules.

One thing to look for is compensated reviews, which includes free product to review. Another thing of which to be wary are users who are very enthusiastic about a product or vendor, post about little else, and then vanish. Like this:. https://theshaveden.com/forums/search/34800111/. Guess which products I won't buy as a result?

Yet another thing to look out for is product post consolidation. A thread is created, and a request made to make posts about that product or vendor only in that thread. This has the effect of constantly bumping the thread, thus giving that vendor / product greater visibility. Not shilling per session, but I find it annoying.

It is not only wetshaving. From what I have seen, pretty much all forums centered around products and their use have shills. It is to be expected, unfortunately, like a dog having fleas. The solution is to make shilling a sales inhibitor.

#BoycottShilledProducts

Keithmax, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  11. Shaver X

Perhaps there is something to be said for cartridges and canned gel after all. ;)

Redrock likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Moe gets caught singing at the wrong time lol

Redrock likes this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sure, and have no issue whatsoever with single blade carts. Personally, I have bad luck with ingrown on multiblade. These days... Shaving is whatever is the user wants it to be!

Redrock, Lancre, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  14. Shaver X

I just meant that sometimes we make wetshaving more complicated than it needs to be. A decade ago, traditional shavers we're hoping more products would become available. Some even worried about a "shavepocalypse". It's nice to have first world problems.

15. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Some may take this as somewhat blasphemous: I dislike double edge safety razors and especially tto. Perhaps it’s because my nose and my top lip aren’t proportioned right or what; but I cannot adequately get those few hairs on the upper lip, directly under the schnoz.
    I can get by with a se, but the str8 is the only tool these days.
    I punted all my de’s with the exception of one. I know this thread is one thin you dislike, but I could never follow rules so here’s one more....Williams.

Shaver X, macaronus, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  16. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

If you shave the beard, problem solved! :p

17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

You both look sharp, very stylish.

18. Shaver X

I don't see how that is blasphemous at all. Shaving with a straight razor is every bit as much traditional wetshaving as shaving with a safety razor. Even shaving with a cartridge razor is wetshaving, just not completely traditional. Dogma is irrelevant to shaving.

19. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Going through all the hassle of home made shaving soap only to have it then out to be a really poor soap. That and the auto fill function, it took me six tries to enter "home made. "

Frijolero, Redrock and brit like this.
  20. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I dislike posts where the poster says that a shaving product "smells like an old man or old person". When I see a post of this nature I believe it is being disrespectful to our senior generation. Some of these folks fought in wars that allow us to have the freedoms we have today. They may not have the income to properly take care of themselves or have a caregiver or have someone to look in on them and their situation. Am I being thin skinned? Probably. However, I come from a generation that said Yes Sir and No Sir. Yes Mam and No Mam. That opens doors for them. That shows respect to the elderly. That goes out of their way to help. So forth and so on.

Just a thought............

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018