The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I ordered a soap tub and AS of Van Yulay "Spicy Bomber" which, like Kaboom, is also based on Spice Bomb. I'm curious to see how the scents compare. I put on a bit of the Van Yulay splash the other day and got a compliment from my wife. Even if they smell the same I will keep them both because she likes it!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Nice! I had never heard of Spice Bomb until this sale. My cologne knowledge is limited. Kaboom is certainly a nice scent. Rod's cologne scents are magnificent across the board.

3. PLAla

Rod posted this on Facebook earlier today:

For the 3rd year in a row, Black Friday set an all-time high for single day sales for us. Thank you so much to all of you who continue to support our business. We're not taking any time off as we work to get orders out the door. We will be caught up as soon as possible and back to normal speedy shipping times (well before any need to worry about gifts arriving in time). I appreciate everyone being so patient with us in the meantime.

The revenues from the Black Friday - Cyber Monday weekend are going straight into the largest project we've ever done and something that we've had customers requesting for years. Everything is already in motion, we just needed the funds to make it happen. Again, thank you so much for allowing Mandy and I to do what we do.

Rod

So.....wondering what that "largest project" might be? Colognes perhaps?

4. Linuxguile

We already have Colognes, the EdTs. There was something mentioned in the last newsletter about antiperspirants. I don't know what else it could be, you can already practically take care of every grooming need with Stirling's current product lineup.

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

That's already happened though. What else have people been requesting for years?

6. Linuxguile

Toothpaste?

7. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

I’d buy Electric Sheep Toothpaste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Great shaves from Stirling Noir soap and AS all week. I never wore Drakkar Noir back in my heyday, but I distinctly remember the scent. Good memories from then and an excellent scent now.
    Please give a review of D-503 when it arrives. That and Deep Blue Sea are on my short list for next purchases prior to '19.

9. PLAla

True, I didn't think of the EDTs as colognes, but you're right. I'm not sure what people have been requesting for years that they don't now have, other than antiperspirants as Andrew said. Guess we'll find out!

10. Linuxguile

In 12 hours my package made it from Memphis Tn to TONGANOXIE, KS, according to google maps that is 480 miles. 480/12 mean the FedEx truck is traveling at a rate of 40 MPH.

11. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I know exactly what you mean. In my area FedEx takes twice as long as USPS/UPS. On a brighter note, my Black Friday order has arrived! Fellas, Seaberry, Vanilla Creme, and White Linen smell amazing. Do yourselves a favor and buy these for the women in your life. I may buy some more just so I can follow my wife around and smell her. Lol ;)

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That would be a clone of Arm&Hammer Baking Soda toothpaste.

13. Paul Turner

You say "We"......you doin' PR work for Stoylin?? :cool:

14. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

We the people. How do you go about getting one of those PR positions? I tell everyone that I meet about Stirling. I even got some of my Dr.s into it.

15. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Just got my shipment from Stoylin. It's quite modest compared to others. I got 2 of the new Black Friday soaps and aftershave (One and Bonapart) as well as Mountain Man EDT which smells fantastic. Love those cologne dupes and everything else I've tried from Stoylin.

ezlovan, Paul Turner, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  16. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

How's the Bonaparte?

Sounded like Stirling wasn't too keen to release this scent to the public. The description on their website, though, has me very intrigued.

ezlovan, PLAla, john zeiger and 4 others like this.
  17. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

First a disclaimer - I'm not good at describing scents. That said, when I smell the soap the first things I get are the herb notes (Rosemary, Thyme), followed by a lot of citrus. To me this is a great smelling soap and I'm so glad that I purchased it. It is a different than anything else I own and I feel it will be great for this time of the year.

18. Paul Turner

My guess is a few more Creed dupes, but when he says "largest he's ever done"...well, let me say that when I hinted for some more Creed dupes, he didn't say "Oh no, we have enough of those babies".

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Ha! So true!

I’m on the left coast, and a large order via FedEx takes at least a whole week to ship. USPS is maybe three days.

I’ve got ten tubs of Stirling just in the upstairs bathroom. My “den” has another roughly two dozen that get rotated upstairs. Trying to finish a tub takes dedication! I finally decided to single out my Tuscany and use it aggressively. After several months I’m down to low attendance stadium seating, and it feels like an accomplishment. :cool:

20. Paul Turner

I used the "stadium" analogy" in describing how my Barbershop is progressing. Doc Ezlovan loved it, especially when I said you could see the green grass of the field. :)