November 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Oct 31, 2018.

?

So what is your "NO" plan for this NOVember?

1. No Variation. Gonna RULE like a BOSS!!

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. No Repeat. Gonna run through gear like it's my last month to ever shave!

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. No Plan. Gonna wing it big time. Just do what seems right!

22 vote(s)
    57.9%
  4. No shaves for me. Gonna be heretical and follow the rest of the world.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No clue. Seriously. I don't know, and won't know until it happens.

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  6. I'm just excited to have Donuts!!!!! Yummmmmmmmmmm!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  7. I'm just going to say NO to anything you ask. NO! NO, I say!

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

November 30

Muhle R41 (2013) head & SS Big Bomber handle
    Feather (3)
    JR #160 Louisville Slugger handle with Omega 10098 boar knot
    Soap Commander Love
    Alum, Thayers Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Floid Vigoroso

I enjoyed a nice, close two-pass shave today except for a couple of weepers. Even though JR #160 whipped up a mountain of SC lather, I really have to pay attention when using this beast. I'll continue with it for at least part of DECember. I may try some Russian blades in it to see if I can get a better result.

NOvember has been an incredible month. It has been fun riding along with you all...that includes all the regulars as well our new 30DC members. I'm always amazed by the quality of your shaves, photos, and write ups. The shenanigans and banter were fun too. I never fail to learn something new, and this month my hat's off to @John Ruschmeyer for his incredible focus on Gillette Techs. His posts peaked my interest so much that I should receive my first Tech in the mail from him tomorrow. This trusty razor will primarily be used for travel, but I'll definitely shave with it at home as well.

I used a variety of razors and brushes - more than I normally use in a single month. I used a '54 Flare Tip SS, a '61 Slim, and an R41 with a big hunka steel for a handle. I also used my Kent BK8, Chubby 2, LE, and JR 160 brushes. My blades included Ladas, Sputnik, and Feather. Continuing my focus of finishing off some items, I knocked off a tin of LPL soap, a Hendrix soap sample, as well as bottles of Trumper Coral Skin Food and Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel. I am currently working through a container of Soap Commander Love.

See you all in DECember!

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great recap, Charlie. This has been a fun month. See you in DEcember!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

Thanks Jim. Yes, it has. I have really enjoyed seeing you use all your cool gear this month! And what a beautiful brush you just recevied from Jason! On to DECember!

Norcalnewb, PLAla, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Charlie. I'm going to use all my hardware for Decadent December and no repeat on soaps and aftershaves.

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

same here. auto wrecking, mechanic on cars and trucks, physical labor builds a big frame into a muscular one..wide shoulders here too..

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great recap Charlie. November was a really great month. Looking forward to reading your posts in December.

Norcalnewb, brit, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you Charlie!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Norcalnewb, brit, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  8. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

It is very rediculous the lack of information that is taken into consideration on determining BMI. But I’m pretty sure my doctor typed something in wrong. F377B518-C68E-4BFA-B7BD-5345D845E805.jpeg

Norcalnewb, brit, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  9. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint. Likewise, it was fun following your NOvember focus. You have some top-shelf gear, and it's always a treat to see what you're gonna bring out next. Your month-end summary calendars are the icing on the cake. See you in DECember!

Norcalnewb, brit, NCoxSTL and 8 others like this.
  10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Another busy day today. Had to finish the car deal, i.e. take them a check. Then to FedEx to overnight a package, and post office to get a letter sent for Jennifer. Then Best Buy as she needed a new laptop. Then groceries. Then home. It's snake cage cleaning day. So, we took care of that and I had some help on the computer while she was cleaning one of the cages. Say hello to Yingarna the Spotted Python.

Yingarna looks in.jpg

Mail call was next. A package from Seoul from @Keithmax . I had asked about Feather DX pain sticks. He had one he was willing to part with and it arrived today. Came with a great stand/case as well.

DX in case.jpg DX out of case.jpg
    I'll be giving this a try in December as part of Decadent December. I now have the CJB (Greager), Feather SS, Feather DX and Kai Captain. I am looking for the Kai Excelia, though it is very rare these days. If I can find one I'll have "Big 5" pain stick collection. I'll be comparing the DX to the CJB and Kai as they all have similar head geometry and no lip. Should be fun! Final shave of November still to come.

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I agree he either entered wrong data or he's an idiot. I even asked Jennifer to chime in on that one as she met you as well. We both agree - you're not obese. Tell your doctor the czar says he needs to rethink his position.

Norcalnewb, wristwatchb, brit and 7 others like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Final No Repeat NOvember Shave.
    This has been a fun experience. I made it through the month without repeating s Razor, Soap, it Brush. The most difficult part was keeping track.
    It was fun watching all you other guys with your different versions of NOvember.
    SOTD
    Mama Bear’s Green Irish Tweed Soap
    Elk Antler Badger Brush
    Mongoose Razor
    Feather Pro Blade
    Vintage Old Spice Lime After Shave
    Happy Friday![​IMG]
    (It’s been a rough day. I shaved early and just found the time to post)

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is it fair to compare Mama Bear's GIT to Stoylin's SDM?

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great picture, Brian. I could see how keeping track could be a problem. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Norcalnewb, 9nein9, Paul76 and 3 others like this.
  15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you for that, Clint.
    You too, Jim.

16. Primotenore

Article Team
    :D Thanks Paul.

Norcalnewb, clint64, Paul76 and 2 others like this.
  17. Primotenore

Article Team
    :signs001:

Norcalnewb, RyX, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

Y'all. Or if including yourself "Us'n" or the more formal "We'uns"

Tapatalk via LG

Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  19. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Sorry about the rough day, Brian. Looked like a great shave to start, though.

Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  20. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you! It’s getting better

Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.