The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Congratulations Andrew. I hope you fully enjoy your purchases.

3. john zeiger

I'm wondering what that "nest big project" is. I certainly have no knowledge of what it could be but am wondering if it could be a new maybe a "premium" soap base. I certainly enjoy the soap base they have (I just bought more in the base they have - it works very well for me). But, you are seeing a lot of competitors coming out with new soap bases (B & M and PAA just came out with new premium soap bases and y0o are seeing a number of other new soap bases with duck fat, goats milk, water buffalo milk, etc.). Again, I have no knowledge what it could be what so ever - just speculating.

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you!

ezlovan, Frijolero, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

John, I'm excited to see what it will be, too. I'll just have fun waiting.

6. Paul Turner

Right, that's where I read about his "next big project".

7. Paul Turner

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I've expressed my thoughts elsewhere on some of the new reformulated soaps, with their reformulated price tags. Stirling seems to be an increasingly big fish in an ever smaller pond - top-notch products and excellent value. Every day it seems another brand jumps on the exotic ingredients bandwagon. Competition is pretty fierce in that arena. With luck, you can be king of the hill for 15 minutes, until THE NEXT BIG THING comes along and knocks you off. Then you're left holding really expensive soap that's no longer the soap du jour.

I think that Stirling is king of their own hill for as long as they choose to stay there. No doubt the temptation is real to get ahold of some unicorn tallow and jack up the prices. I for one very much appreciate that team Lovan has resisted that temptation.

9. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Frijolero, post: 1504605, member:

I think that Stirling is king of their own hill for as long as they choose to stay there. No doubt the temptation is real to get ahold of some unicorn tallow and jack up the prices. I for one very much appreciate that team Lovan has resisted that temptation.[/QUOTE/]

I totally agree with your post. It seems to me that Stirling has certainly found their place. A large selection of scents, a quality product at reasonable price point is what brought me in. IMHO, if it ain’t broke don’t fiddle with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  10. Linuxguile

Mega Stirling haul! I gave everything a test sniff and it all smells great, even Bonaparte. I will give further impressions as I use them. The first two up will be Black Pepper Lime and Deep Blue Sea!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wow! Congrats Andrew! Now I know why it was late, the driver needed a helper on board to help carry that to the porch.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Linuxguile

Haha, true that!

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Looking good! Hope it was all worth the wait. I'm using Black Pepper Lime on Thursday. Tomorrow is Stirling Green.

14. Linuxguile

I was surprised at how green Stirling Green smelled, if that makes sense.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  15. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Whew! Checked off all the boxes on that order.

Looking forward to hearing about Deep Blue Sea and D-503. I'm waffling back and forth on a purchase.

And that Bonaparte... :confused:

16. john zeiger

I agree with you to a point. Some of the competitors have only added a premium line and kept their original lines (B&M, PAA,etc). If, and that's a big if, Stirling were to introduce a new line I would hope they keep their original line and just add a premium line. There are a lot of wet shavers who are willing and able to purchase premium soap - I'm not one of them. I think Stirling's current soap base is fantastic.

17. Paul Turner

I'd be satisfied if all they did was add a few more Creed dupes. As I said in a previous post, I'm seeing Creeds all over my computer now, just for clicking on the site. But like @john zeiger , I 'm happy with what Stoylin has today.

18. Paul Turner

Kinda like a glorified Skin-Bracer?

ezlovan, john zeiger, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  19. Linuxguile

SOTD DEcember 5th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    English Gillette Aristocrat #22
    Pol Silver Super Iridium(3)
    Paladin Chief Tortoise(26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Noir
    Stirling Mountain Man AS

20. Linuxguile

No, Its a much brighter fougere. More like Brut, but not like Brut at all at the same time.