Do you own a razor you've never used?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Nov 3, 2014.

1. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Just got a Shick Injector I haven't used yet. I will sometime soon!

brit likes this.
  2. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

...oh I throw no stones at that glass house because as I sat here contemplating my collection I realized that I too haven ‘t used a minty 64 Travel Tech...ooops! Having said that I only have one other that is as mint as can be and that is a cased 59 Fatboy...I have a 60 Fatboy that is in rotation so it stays minty....

brit and Boojum1 like this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have several I’ve never used.

For instance, Schick made several versions of the Golden 500. I have maybe half a dozen or so. I keep a couple in my user collection and the others are in my museum.

I have several duplicates of various razors that I’ve picked up cheap for TSD raffles or PIFs. Same razor models that I shave with but set aside to give away.

Ladies curved armpit razors. I’ve got some in my museum and I’m not planning to shave with them.

Lots of travel razors. Cute little things that are in the museum but generally impractical. I’ve tried a couple but not all of them.

dmshaver and brit like this.
  4. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

:signs011:

I also have a load of straights that I have not got round to restoring yet not sure if that counts lol

5. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I have a NOS black handled Gillette Tech, a NOS military Simplex, both of which are so nice I don't want to mess them up. I also have a Gillette Techmatic that, frankly, I just don't want to use.

Herm

brit and Boojum1 like this.
  6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The only unused razors are a couple of Christy (non massage bar) types which I've been unable to hack using a modern blade.

brit likes this.
  7. The Other Donald

The Other Donald Well-Known Member

A few years ago I bought a safety razor collection at an estate sale, many of which I resold on eBay without using, some of them used proprietary blades.
    A few I kept and liked, and still have today. The only razor I currently have, that I do not use is a Durham-Duplex, which also uses a proprietary blade.
    There are carpet cutter blades available that fit them, but IMO they give a lousy shave. I got it for the handle, which I use, and like a lot. Damn fine handle.
    unnamed-5.jpg

brit, Frijolero and John Ruschmeyer like this.
  8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

There is also a Pathology Blade available in the correct format which is, I believe, the preferred one to use for shaving.

brit, Frijolero and Linuxguile like this.
  9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Yes, duplicates of razors I've already shaved with.

brit likes this.