Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

This was last night's Menthol Monday. 12-03-18 --- A very tame menthol shave with Barbasol Artic Chill (CLASSIC Americana! I used Barbosol my entire life until the obsession started a few years ago, still great).
    BARBIE!!! BARBOSOL FLOATING HEAD, Revamped by Chris Evatt... Just amazing razor, no other DE from that era shaves like this (ymmv) - very aggressive/efficient! As long as I do not carelessly "whip around" my face and use ZERO pressure I don't get closer shaves from Any DE In my arsenal of weapons... the Barbasol pre shave soap helps with. Ton of added slickness..
    [​IMG]

brit, Bird Lives, ilts and 3 others like this.
  2. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

How's this for a Barbasol Brotherhood shower and shave ? Finally found the body wash. Now if they just made deodorant! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

EzraCobb, brit, ilts and 2 others like this.
  3. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

They used to make a deodorant, under the Barbasol BARZ brand. Never saw it in stores. It shared the same Pulse, Lure, and Mojo fragrances as Barbasol Ultra shaving creams and gels.

Pulse lives on today in Barbasol Extra Moisturizing. Back when it was in the Ultra lineup, both the Extra Moisturizing cream and gel carried the Pulse moniker on the cans. I just compared a dollop of today's Extra Moisturizing with a dollop of vintage Barbasol Ultra Extra Moisturizing Gel and the fragrances are indeed the same. Wouldn't surprise me if the today's Sensitive Skin uses the same Mojo fragrance as it did when it was in the Ultra lineup, and the Mountain Blast used Lure.

The body wash came and went under the BARZ banner, and now lives again as a Barbasol offering. Maybe the deodorant will make a similar comeback--hopefully, after they bring back Barbasol Lemon Lime...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    brit likes this.
  4. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 12/08/18 DSCF3145.JPG

5. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 12/09/18 DSCF3146.JPG

Paul Turner, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Count yourself lucky...Arctic Chill is next to impossible to find. I think their new menthol, Is the Pacific Rush New version...

I haven't tried the new one, but Arctic Chill has been my favorite!.(canned cream that is)...Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  7. brit

brit in a box

part of why i haven t bought any for years. had to force myself to brush lather in the beginning..

Ursa and Enrico like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

my wife just informed me that i used barbasol when we met ,i honestly didn t remember,that was 2001, must have used the edge gel before then..90s ?

9. brit

brit in a box

i like the century can ,would look great on the razor shelf when empty..

10. brit

brit in a box

i would like the lemon/lime..

Ursa likes this.
  11. Bird Lives

Is a fine looking can...

12. EzraCobb

Are u serious? Well next I go to a Stop&Shop I will check and get a few for you and me to stock pile, under 2 bucks a can and I could use there cans every day if I had too... I like purple can the best, than yellow, than red, than the chill... but the purple extra moisture is my favorite scent by a mile, also better post shave. Also, I can get the illusive yellow can at a price chopper super smart as well! But that was a year ago, gotta see is they still do have the yellow... but I think purple is better and wall mart always has it

Ursa and Bird Lives like this.
  13. EzraCobb

Love this!!!!!!

Ursa and Hoss304 like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Yep...Arctic Chill is no longer on their web-site...But they say the new Pacific Rush has a very strong menthol action...I haven't seen that one anywhere either....But I do see the Regular, Aloe, Sensitive Skin and the Purple can you like...I'm a fan aswell.

Ursa likes this.
  15. Bird Lives

I remember Bama was saying the Pacific Rush Cream was his favorite, scent-wise.
    Well now, thats the one they are turning into thrir menthol cream...So maybe it's a good thing. I just want to see it somewhere so I can try it!

Ursa likes this.
  16. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I ended up buying a 6-pack of new Pacific Rush Caffeine/Menthol direct from Barbasol, as I can't find it in stores anywhere.

It was worth it. I liked Arctic Chill and love vintage Cool Menthol, but new Pacific Rush is the best Barbasol ever. It packs about the same menthol punch as Cool Menthol, but the caffeine and Pacific Rush fragrance give it that much more zing. What a treat!

A totally up-to-date menthol--that's new Pacific Rush.

CarlfromMO likes this.
  17. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

OK, that does it. I'm buying a can of Pacific Rush.
    Once in a while, I miss the blue can of menthol Noxema that I used to use back in the late 70's. But, the way you describe Pacific Rush, I think it will be a winner.
    So much for that last empty spot on my shelf.

Ursa likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

I want it...Sounds like a must have, Period@

Ursa likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I am happy.....the new "Century Can" has arrived at my local CVS. Looks so good!!

AGHisBBS, brit, Ursa and 1 other person like this.
  20. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

IMG_1237.JPG
    Yesterday, after going to four places, two cans of Pacific Rush were finally discovered at a grocery store called Schnucks. (I was nice and only bought one.)
    This morning's shave was my first experience with it. The first noticeable scent was the "fresh water" scent, but where's the menthol? About ten seconds later, Oh, there's the menthol! Overall, a nice pairing of scents. Not sure what the caffeine is supposed to do, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything. To me, the performance is similar to the original Barbasol. As always, my hands and face were wet while the cream was applied. That little bit of extra water makes a nice difference, (YMMV).
    No regrets with this purchase.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    Bird Lives, AGHisBBS, brit and 3 others like this.