Secrets for Williams?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, May 11, 2016.

1. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

@brit and everyone else.
    Merry Christmas

Trigger and brit like this.
  2. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I don’t use Noxema, but I add just enough water to cover the puck while I wash my face with warm water. I then drain off the water, wet my H.I.S. Synthetic brush and squeeze out excess water, and then gently swirl on the puck 15 to 20 times. Then I touch the brush tip to water, and begin to face lather. I get plenty of lather, providing a close comfortable shave. I believe Williams can easily be lathered by anyone, especially with a later generation synthetic brush.

Trigger, brit and PLAla like this.
  3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

If you want to use Williams, glue a puck to you mirror and look at it while you lather a real soap.

Kidding...I used Williams many years ago when I first could no longer obtain Old Spice. It got the job done, but with so many excellent soaps available today, it's not a soap I have any interest in returning to.

PLAla and brit like this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Ooooooohhhhhhhhh, your in range of getting hit by a brick! I should know, I have lost my CT more than a couple of times. @wchnu Fuzzy got those stealth bricks, you can't even hear them any more.
    Boy, I feel bad for you. Two brickings going down!

brit likes this.
  5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Williams was a good American, soap maybe even iconic but it's a different soap today. Occasionally I'll get nostalgic and run through a puck in about 2 weeks or a little less. It still works but not as good as it did or I'd be getting more shaves per puck.

PatrickA51, PLAla and brit like this.
  6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

brit likes this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Meh...not worth the time...

brit likes this.
  8. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

OrdinatyShaver, Why would BamaT's comment earn a brick? Seounds like he likes Williams.

brit likes this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

Blooming the Williams is molesting the Williams.

brit likes this.
  10. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I will bloom my Williams if I want to bloom my Williams. I will bathe in the bloom water and laugh at my enemies as I create the most luscious lather in the world. HA HA HA HA!

brit and BamaT like this.
  11. ordinaryshaver

I tried to tell you..... It's out of my hands now. May the odds be ever in your favor!

brit and BigD like this.
  12. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago my Mothers Sister passed away. When my cousin was cleaning out her house before we could sell it she found my Grandfathers shaving kit in a shoe box. In it there was an unopened box of Williams. I also got his shaving mug and my Uncle's shaving mug (her husbands shaving mug). They got put away maybe one of these days when I'm looking for something not having to do with shaving I will find the shoe box.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  13. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I do like Williams. I purchased my H.I.S. synthetic brush maybe 4 or 5 years ago, as a travel brush as I occasionally made overnight trips with my old job, plus for vacation trips, due to it’s quick drying time. I soon found it has superior lathering qualities to my boars with any cream or soap. After revisiting Williams, I found it is quite easily lathered with the H.I.S. As far as any bricks coming my way, that’s a reflection on the brick thrower. I like lathering Williams the way I do, and if anyone doesn’t like it, well, that’s their problem.

Frijolero and brit like this.