Schick Repeating Razor Owners Club (SRROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Redfisher, Oct 31, 2015.

1. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Do you happen to have a spare C1 or C2, I've got some B-Day money coming that I would like to get one with? 6-27-73

2. BearCWY

SOTD 6-22-18

Prep: warm water and Cube preshave soap
    Blade: Chick (1)
    Razor: Schick Repeating Razor model A
    Soap: Route 66 Sweeney Todd
    Brush: Clint 64 custom aluminum handle with TGN synthetic knot

Well this is my first time using this razor. Compared to my other repeating razors (B1 and C3), this seems to be the most aggressive of the 3. I only did one pass WTG to try it out tonight. I got a couple of weepers but the alum cleared that up. Although aggressive it shaved smoothly, just had to be careful of my angle because the head is round and not squared off like most injector razors. That may be why I got a couple of weepers on my neck. All went fairly smooth and for 1 pass gave me a decent shave. I finished off with a rub down with my Alum block and rinsed with cold water. I'm going to reserve judgment till my next shave with it. All in all it preformed well and I'm happy with it for it's first shave. I'm just going to have to keep a better eye on my shaving angle next time. :)

Hodge and twhite like this.
  3. BearCWY

I've been doing a little looking both online and on the data base. I think the star before the serial number indicates the crackle handle design. mine is *57. just a guess here.:signs002:

twhite likes this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Considering it has the rare finish, I think you did extremely well. I’ve only ever seen a couple for sale. Enjoy your hunt for the rest of the collection. I had a blast completing mine and found some great stuff along the way:D

twhite likes this.
  5. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

That looks like a beauty Tom. Your pics have inspired me to get mine out of the display cabinet for SOTD

Herm2502 and twhite like this.
  6. BearCWY

Thanks, I just have to learn to shave with it now! with the round head it makes keeping the angle a little more difficult especially on my neck.

Hodge likes this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Yeah, each of the repeater types take a bit to get used too. For me the B type was the toughest to master.

BearCWY likes this.
  8. BearCWY

which B, B1 or B2. I've used my B1 with no problems. I'm working on getting one of each kind. I have an A, B1, C3 and a C2 on it's way. Still looking to get a B2 and a C1.

9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thinking back, The B2 was the first vintage Schick I owned and it was early in my wet shaving adventure. Probably the reason I struggled with it. The C3 is the only repeater to make my regular rotation.
    The vintage Injectors on the other hand (type D and F) are always in the rotation.

BearCWY and twhite like this.
  10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I hear ya there Roge....Although, for me, once I got fully acquinted with the C3's angle and different feel...Well thats one of my 3 favorite injectors of all-time....and definitely the "Coolest"!

BearCWY and twhite like this.
  11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I picked up my second SRR last week and just realized that I never joined this august body. A group picture:
    IMG_3629.jpg
    Both are B1's and both were lucky eBay grabs.

The one in the foreground was my first one and I got it on a lucky BIN for $15.99. Due to a mixup, I almost got it for free but sent the seller the money anyway as I thought it would be too much bad karma to overcome. This one just needed a cleaning and even came with a blade carrier. I've used it a few times with a Japanese Proline B blade.

The one in the background is my latest acquisition. It ended up being $12.99 shipped with me a the only bidder. I was concerned about the state of the case, but it is actually in quite good shape. The razor needed some work, though, as it had heavy tarnish, a loose pivot, and a sticky slide. It came with four original blades in a slightly bent carrier. FYI, having too loose a head pivot can be a real problem, not just because of the possibility of sudden head shifts while shaving but also because trying to load a new blade with the slide can cause the head to partially pivot and jam everything.

Those who read my SOTF from last Friday know that I bloodied myself while trying to tighten the pivot, ultimately over tightening it. I've since adjusted it back into the Goldilocks Zone and had a second shave today with it, also using a Proline B. Ironically, this one required more work but may be somewhat nicer than my first B1.

Droo78, Hodge, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

My first Schick Repeating Razor

Just arrived in the mail today. What a marvelous invention!

It is missing the head cover, but doesn’t matter to me. It was also jammed at first because the previous owner loaded the blade tray upside down. After getting that corrected, I loaded a blade into the tray and cycled the razor. It worked, pushing out the vintage Schick blade that was in the head. After a good washing and taking some pics, I loaded three blades into the tray, installed it correctly and attempted a cycle. The razor won’t cycle a blade. Seems like the blade loader is not catching the blade inside enough to push it through. Maybe the spring isn’t giving strong enough tension. Not sure but I haven’t given up.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Hodge, brit, Frijolero and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Try just cycling one blade at a time.
    Mine is great at that....If I load more than one, I'm tempting fate. }8^))

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Droo78, Hodge and jmudrick like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

cool looking razors..

Droo78 and Hodge like this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Very nice....and always special when a deals been found :D

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Happy Christmas[​IMG]

MPF9, brit, Hodge and 1 other person like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

cool razor..

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Gotta be the best travel razor ever designed. I find it an easier shave than by B and C repeaters.

brit likes this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

i think the idea and design are really cool..i gave my schick e types to my friend as i like de and injectors remind me to much of the cart system ,but not these early ones. i may have to look into these further..

20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I know what you mean about the cart feel, that's why I use the later models infrequently. The Repeaters have a very different feel I much prefer.

brit likes this.