The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brit

brit in a box

20190101_123658.jpg new years stirling shave..

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have to admit that Gentleman came in second to Sandpiper with the first sample set I ordered a couple years ago(aftershaves). . I didn't think it would beat out choices 3 and 4 (Xecutive Man and Sharp Dressed man, respectively), but my olfactory bulb had something to say about that.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I would but this set already found a new home.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

4. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Im sooooo glad that Sandpiper got to share in this award! My Amy liked my Sandpiper AS so much that she got me the bath soap and the EdT for Christmas. Those seem like very deserving choices, Paul, nd its been both fun and exciting waiting for you to announce your winners! Thanks for your effort and attention to detail...the awards have a lot of fun to follow!!!

5. brit

brit in a box

awesome, will be following along ..gentleman is my favorite,i have sharp dressed man and executive man as well as lemon chill..all are great soaps..

6. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Just used Electric Sheep, like the way the soap feels. The lemongrass scent is nice.

7. Paul Turner

Thank you, and as you know I do it all over again this year :).

8. Paul Turner

I like lemongrass, too.

9. Killerflyingbugs

I grow it and use it to keep bugs away

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Just shave with Electric Sheep and go outside. You will be a human bug repellent!

11. Paul Turner

Does that mean, according to what I've been reading, (and you're in on this too Perry!), that ES is a Rise clone?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I don't know, Paul, but I sort of doubt it. It smells like citronella on steroids with a person in a fumigator suit and mask chasing you. It's STRONG! But there are some major devotees of that scent. Rod sent a sample bath soap in Electric Sheep scent and I immediately moved it to a new envelope and sent to @PickledNorthern. It was too much for me.

13. Paul Turner

Sorry, I should have explained-Rise has citronella, but I wouldn't call it bug dope.

14. Paul Turner

Anyway-gettin' back to Stoylin(let me say that anyone who thinks I tooks us off subject in the first place "might not be wrong" :).

15. FatherofSquirrel

FatherofSquirrel A right jolly old elf

Yeah. I love Electric Sheep. Wifey however...

16. Killerflyingbugs

I love lemongrass as well, it is also one of the few things that keeps the no-see-ums away. All summer my family smells heavy of lemongrass.
    Besides the smell I also like the feel of the mutton tallow soap.

17. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks for putting the awards together, Paul. That was really awesome of you. I must admit, the Unscented Aftershave winning has to be the underdog Cinderella story of the year!

18. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul what is bug dope? Is that like marijuana for bugs?:)

19. Paul Turner

well, I use the term" dope" as was described by a writer discussing the best repellants. In his case, he was talkinabout "fly dope".

20. Paul Turner

Well, Rod, I was at a point where I needed to find a good "match" for the various soaps I have from companies that just sell soaps(that is, no aftershaves). It seems unscented is the best way to go in that regard. I'm glad you enjoyed the progression of the nominations..we'll see who gets nominated next year :).(Or, I should say, we'll see who gets nominated as THIS year rolls along).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019