Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

To be considered old, whose lifetime does it have to be manufactured in? Yours, father's, grandfather, great grandfather....
    Guess it'll be a while before I get my money back on the Trac 3's that I want to sell to those kooks down st the shaving club:(

brit and BigMike like this.
  2. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I had to look that up. Never heard of Crocks Shoes. But I do wear my huarache sandals or docksiders when I must wear shoes.

Killerflyingbugs and DaltonGang like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Count yourself lucky.

Billyfergie and DaltonGang like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

+1^^^^ Commitment and effort is all it takes. It isn’t even easy, but a guy sure feels better than when he eats fast food and roller dogs.

I live on the road 5 days a week. Except when a busy weekend derails the plan, I live out of a cooler in the back of my pickup. In the winter I cook food, freeze it, and microwave it in the hotel. In the summer I pack frozen meat and grill it on my tailgate. A quick stop at Cub for bags of salad and fruit, and I can eat moderately healthy all week. I eat a lot of nuts, cheese and carrots, and drink spicy V-8 by the gallon for lunches.

If I have to eat fast food, 99% of the time I go to Subway. One they are everywhere, and two they give me the illusion of health.

Even when you are on the go, every decent grocery store on the planet has a deli/salad bar where a guy can get something real to eat in a hurry.

I do admit though, that once in a while I am just plain beat after work, and I order a garbage pizza.

brit and wristwatchb like this.
  5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Yeah, unfortunately because of my schedule, they're always shut down when I want to find some food and have more than three minutes to get it.

Billyfergie likes this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

brit likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Resurrecting an Old Thread.

I've noticed over the past few months, at the Health Club, men, usually out of shape, walking around, with towels on their heads. They wear these towels during their entire workout, they even walk into the gym, wearing them. Some even have these large headphones on the outside of their towels, listening to their tunes. Just plain Stupid looking. The only times I have seen this before, was when a prize fighter would come down, after the ring announcer announces them, and they make their way down the isle. Do these guys really think they look like MMA fighters, or Boxers???

Billyfergie and brit like this.
  8. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

You need a new gym.

Billyfergie and brit like this.
  9. DaltonGang

Naa, it's just a few doing that. It just looks really weird.

brit and Billyfergie like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    :rofl:

Billy..:chores016:

Frijolero and DaltonGang like this.
  11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome back Billy!

Billyfergie likes this.
  12. DaltonGang

I'm still curious, about the towels. I might just ask one of those guys, one day.
    BTW, it looks like you have put on a couple of Kilos, Billy. Time to hit the gym. :rofl:

brit, Billyfergie and Frijolero like this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Or to at least to stop telling midgets to git in his belly. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll bet the name Pokémon came from the game Pac Man.

15. Paul Turner

My dad called it on my sister's "silly trend" of wearing flip flops in snow(as a teen, ya got to keep up with your peers, right?). He said, "When they stop doing that, she will stop, too". Me, I never was a peer dude. Being my own boy/man felt good to me.

16. Paul Turner

You mean the kind that turn into shades when you're out in the sun?

Billyfergie likes this.
  17. PatP

PatP Member

I think that he's talking about these:
    [​IMG]

18. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Just Moved to Glasgow...East End...Cheers Me Lads from Glasgow...Happy New Year Ya Open Razor Scoundrels...:happy102:

:eatdrink047:

Billy..:chores016:

brit, Edison Carter, richgem and 3 others like this.
  19. DaltonGang

Sends pics of the area, if you can.

Billyfergie likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Ahh, makes more sense. I wouldn't wear that type. I'm not sure that they really benefit eyesight.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019