They're here! 7-blade razors

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Ursa, Dec 1, 2018.

1. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

The old Norelco rotary electric razor had 36 blades. These guys are slackers.

Keithmax, Ron R and brit like this.
  2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Until those 7 blades are tied to GPS and the angle is independently controlled by an algorithm that adjusts for the coefficient of friction based on the viscosity and specific gravity of the shave soap, I’m not sure I’m buying it.

Keithmax, Ron R, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Could be a 7 blades with 1 trim blade stuck some place, that is way overkill IMO but who wants my opinion. The young fellows really like this sort of stuff no doubt and it must be for buffing because it's so big its hard to get it started on the face anywhere because of the foot print size :rofl:.

Keithmax, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

careful sir @BBS will chime in..:)

Ron R likes this.
  5. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Shame, their best product is about 9 bucks per hundred. The Dorco Prime DE is a mighty fine blade.

Ron R and brit like this.
  6. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

The industry has convinced folks that the more blades the better without giving an explanation as to why, and they have also led us to the decision that mediocre shave (for most men) is good enough. A lot of men (including myself at one time) simply traded an excellent shave for quickness and convenience.

brit and Hembree like this.
  7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I never felt the need to go beyond the 3 in a Mach III. Never bought a Fusion although I did receive a free one in the mail that still sits in it's packaging unopened. I may open it one day if I feel the need to use it for travel. But I still have a ton of Mach III cartridges left over from my cart days. But I'm now fully sold on double edge razors and have no plans to go back unless I'm carrying on my bags while traveling.

Ron R and Hembree like this.
  8. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The Dorco 7 was launched in 2015...

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Obviously never tried a Bic disposable.

10. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

Maybe you should try it before commenting?

11. brit

brit in a box

89461247079816p.jpg bic disposables suck..mach 3 were usable but still sucked the 4,5,6 ones sucked.. can t imagine an extra one would make it, hey great razor..

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  12. brit

brit in a box

of course this is based on my use of them..