Clerk reacts to my AV.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Laird, Jan 5, 2019.

1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

And I want you to know that I support you.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

PM me your address so that I can send you a thread participation medal...a puck of Williams. ;)

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :thanks:

brit and Frijolero like this.
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the discussions on this thread. This world has completely lost their minds it seems, everyone is so Policically Correct it makes me sick. If we could take a person from the 50's and ship them to present time, it would seem like we are suffering from a form of Mass Hypnosis or Psychosis.

Now if someone has a severe peanut allergy (or things like that) i am sympathetic, but some people complain just for the sake of complaining. If a person is truely this sensitive it is bordering on neglegance on behalf of the staff for keeping them in a potentially deadly position.

This reminds me of the Cosco situation. If the 1st person they asked to check recipt just kept on walking they would have trouble. Now they expect you to wait in yet another line just to prove you didnt steal items. It is a case of guilty till proven innocent (similar to our so called legal system) but that is another matter alltogether. Bottom line, if people dont stand up for their rights they get taken and we get walked over in the process.

Not trying to ruffle any feathers, hope everyone has a swell New Year!

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

At least you will smell him coming

Keithmax, brit and Frijolero like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i do have a friend who has sneezing attacks when he sniffs certain fragrances..certain things can bother some people..he s a good friend ,so i don t wear cologne around him..

Keithmax, BigD and urrlord like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Is it different prizes for different participants?

RyX, brit and wristwatchb like this.
  8. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

If she has a problem with scents etc she needs to find something other than a customer service/point of sale job.Maybe a stocker or something in the store,as someone else said the manager may need to find something else for her to do.Then again it may just be a reaction to someone elses scent not yours or it may be a rare occurence so it is usually not a problem.But she did sound like a bit of a drama queen.

RyX, FatherofSquirrel, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Orville

Orville Active Member

The most offensive thing anyone can do is be offended. This includes being offended by those who get offended. :taunt002:

10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I grew up with cats. I sneezed all the time and had a continual runny nose. I did not realize that I had a cat allergy until I was about 27. I stay away from cats now. Life is much better. I do still read Garfield though. If I am around a cat person, my nose will start running. I started asking folks if they had cats. Now if I visit a cat person, I will take a Loratadine tablet before I go.

Keithmax, RyX, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  11. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, I mean if he had been wearing the Vintage stuff, then this thread probably wouldn't exist...

The vintage AV Blue smells a lot better and is not as offensive....

RyX, Primotenore and brit like this.
  12. Orville

Orville Active Member

Or perhaps she hates running the register and is manipulating management.....:ban:

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had to ask my cleaner and her daughter if they were allergic to cats, as I will soon be "borrowing" my brother-in-law's for the freeze period. They're OK, she said.

RyX and brit like this.
  14. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

So, I'm cool with most of what I've read as long as it applies to everyone. If you find your own self offended, then keep your mouths shut too. For instance, if you are a CHRISTmas type individual and you feel there is a war on Christmas when someone uses the word "holiday" or "xmas" then you too are entitled to suck it up and not go breath heavy by the lotto tickets/smokes.

Just as long as the people offending others are equally fine being offended, then cool. If not, perhaps some introspection is in order.

15. battle.munky

Oh, and regarding bikes on the road...it is legally 100% just as allowed as if you are in a car. My dad seems to have an issue with bikes as well and I don't get it. It isn't like bikes ride on interstates or major thoroughfares. I find it odd that so many people seem to have problems with other law abiding people. I long for the time when if it isn't exploiting or hurting anyone, it's fine and people just mind their own business.

End of my rant I suppose.

mrchick, Keithmax, MntnMan62 and 3 others like this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I would think that even someone with a verifiable severe allergy/sensitivity would have had the sense to react in a ... more gracious ... manner. Makes me suspect of the clerk.

FatherofSquirrel, brit and BigD like this.
  17. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And we have the pictures to prove it!
    [​IMG]

18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I corrected that picture for you, Rich.
    upload_2019-1-6_15-19-41.png

Keithmax, battle.munky, RyX and 4 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

cyclists aren t forced to pay for insurance and plates as motorists are, and a few cyclists and many motorists out there don t follow basic rules of the road..but all roads are paid for by taxpayers and should be available to everyone..

MntnMan62 and battle.munky like this.
  20. battle.munky

I believe we are in violent agreement @brit.

MntnMan62 and brit like this.