Anyone into darts?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by McGrande, Jan 7, 2019.

1. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

Long story short...

Everytime we visit my son and the grandkids in Tampa, my wife and I get skunked at darts. Understandable as I hadn't a dart board to practice on for decades. My son however, has a nice man cave and can play year 'round.

That has now changed! My wife asked said son for a dartboard for Christmas and he came through. Got it mounted correctly to the right height and set the official throw distance on the floor. We've been playing Cricket every night the past week or so. In fact I already felt compelled to rotate the board as I read that's a good way to extend the board's life.

As a side note, he also included a set of six CC-Exquisite darts (Molecular series). When I registered the warranty for the darts, CC-Exquisite emailed me and sent me free of charge another set of their darts (Precision series). So I can now try different barrel weights, shaft lengths and flights. I'm still a novice at all this and in watching youtube videos of the various championship tournaments, I doubt I'll go pro! Those guys and gals can smoke 3 triple 20's at will!

Anyway, we are having a blast playing and improving our game.

Anyone else obsessed with darts? Any pointers appreciated.
    Here is a pic of my set up.
    darts.jpg

DaltonGang, gorgo2, brit and 7 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice set up but I have not played in years.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I played a lot in college but haven't in many years. It was always fun!

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I use to play years ago with ultra stubby darts ... I use to call them Bubble bees. It's been over 30 years, I may have to get back in to them.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I used to do darts, but after developing a topspin forehand in tennis, I'd probably "flick" the dart away from my intended aim. Be fun to test this "theory" the next time I give it a go.

brit and Hembree like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Perry, this has nothing to do with darts, but I believe I have located my Jeeves sender!!. Go to the 30 DC thread :).

brit and PLAla like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Played for many years, both regular and electronic. Haven't in a while due to purloined equipment.

brit likes this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Cricket is fun, so is 301 up and down. I need to get a board to go along with my pool table.

Enrico and brit like this.
  9. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

I used to play in leagues, but haven’t had the time to dedicate to it anymore. I get sent out of town too often to commit to a weekly team. I do take my set with me when I travel, there’s normally somewhere near the hotel to play. I always stood with my lead foot almost parallel to the line and shoulders almost perpendicular to it.

brit and Enrico like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

big time ,was a league player in the 90s,still dable, want to get back in at some point. my uncle was a super league player in the 70s in england..huge bristow and taylor fan...

Enrico likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

20190107_210045.jpg
    nice set up sir..

Enrico likes this.
  12. vittocia

vittocia Active Member

no mate

brit likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have a cheap board, my youngest and I throw them around every now and then.

brit likes this.
  14. brit

brit in a box