Shaver Heaven Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Redrock

Redrock Well-Known Member

I saw this soap on a SOTD post on the Against the Grain forum (UK based). I decided to order a tub and am happy I did. Easy to lather, excellent lather, slick. I am getting close, comfortable shaves. No buyers remorse.

ShaveH.JPG

2. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Come on, you gotta tell us about the scent profile. Congrats on your purchase.

brit and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Yes I agree :signs011: :shaver

oscar11 and brit like this.
  4. Redrock

This is how the vendor describes the scent.

"Like the name implies, this is the aroma that surrounds your mountain get-away as you relax on your porch after a day of chopping wood and hiking. Notes of cedar and fresh cut wood rest on a dirty, earthy middle note with a hint of vanilla. All laid on a base of musk.'

If you have ever been in an old lodge like the El Tovar at the Grand Canyon NP or the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone NP you will identify the scent. Hiking in the Pacific Northwest. Woodsy. Almost leather like. Mild. I immediately one of my favorites.

Hope this helps.

Frijolero, oscar11 and RyX like this.
  5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks, sounds nice.

6. Redrock

Apparently they are going out of business. West Coast Shaving has some. Looks like it is marked down from $22.00 to $15.40 with free shipping. I ordered another tub of the Lodge. A nice soap at a reasonable cost.

Frijolero likes this.
  7. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Didn't they do that once before?

8. Redrock

Yes. I don't know the details.

9. nav

nav Well-Known Member

They closed down once, came back then closed up again.

Excellent soaps but I won't be buying again if they decide to come back. I feel this is not the way a good business should be run.