The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

The Christmas lights are off, decorations down, and the tree is in the garden...........and my Christmas Eve lineup is put away until next winter. I already miss it, but seasonal use will keep it special, and add extra enjoyment to the Christmas season.

BUT, this allowed me to reunite with Ozark Mountain! Three passes with a 34C removed 18 hours of growth and left a great post-shave feel. I used my miserly Lil’ Brudder to make sure my puck lasts as long as possible. I’m convinced it’s more special than my other Sterling soaps.

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You don't like the Li'l Brudder? Granted it is small, but it packs a nice punch(for me, anyway).

3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Miserly was a compliment, as the goal was to stretch my puck’s years on earth. The Lil’ Brudder is a great brush, and one I keep in regular rotation.

4. Paul Turner

Oh ok....I admit I didn't know what that word meant. Sounded like a form of "miserable". LB is one my favs, too.

5. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Stirling Customer Service is still just as stellar and refreshing as their products! Though the details don't matter. we experienced a couple of minor product issues recently, and inquired about how to proceed via a message to them on their site. We received a reply the very next morning letting us know about their resolution, which is both fair and convenient. Like, extremely LOL. The response time alone from them was astounding and impressive, considering how busy they must be, and the resolution shows a true commitment to their customers. Stirling sure has our continued support and patronage, and Amy and I encourage the same in both us Stirling regulars and anyone else who might be considering buying from this "stirling" example of a company greatly deserving of success.

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and 7 others like this.
  6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I agree with you on Stirling's service. I've said that it is equal to Maggard's which to me is really saying phenomenal. The two best in the business from a service standpoint IMO. To go along with their fantastic products. Stirling is the best in the wet shave business IMO.

7. Paul Turner

John, I would have to agree with @Ijustmissedthe50s calling it "a Stoylin example of a company greatly deserving of success" :)..

8. john zeiger

I fully agree that it is "a Stoylin example of a company greatly deserving of success"

9. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I agree with all of you, Stirling has some of the best old fashioned excellent customer service of any company that I deal with. Before Christmas I had an issue with a clothing company called grunt Style and all I got was 2 generically generated emails that never addressed my problem. Garbage. I'll stick with the companies like Stirling with integrity!

10. Paul Turner

It is my belief that Doc Ezlovan has a lot of catching up to do in checking posts here, but he's great at it when he has time.

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I've put up a soap and splash set of Black Pepper Lime in the Marketplace if interested. Click HERE to see the listing.

12. Paul Turner

The 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards winners are on their way! Unscented AS and Sandpiper SS.

13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Personally I think Rod and Mandy have the BEST customer service I’ve ever experienced. They don’t treat you like a customer, they treat you like a family member. God bless them.

Having said that on Sunday I’ll be pulling out the Glacial Lemon Chill soap and balm!

14. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Amen to that brother!

15. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

I FINALLY got around to using the R4L set and I must say, this is FANTASTIC! Gentleman is my absolute favorite, but R4L is a VERY close 2nd. Rod, you need to bring that back!!!
    What an AMAZING scent on this! Stirling hit it out of the park for sure!

16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD January 11th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #6 1937 Gillette Sheraton
    Perma-Sharp Super(5)
    Paladin Winston Harlequin (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling One soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

Sniffing the tub of Stirling One I was thinking that it was just going to be another sweetish type cologne scent as I was mainly picking up on the ambergris and tobacco and maybe a touch of the ginger and cardamom. Once loaded and lathered however the scent transformed. The bergamot and neroli made its presence known and a bit of cedar came out and Stirling One became brighter with a bit of tang while still having that sweet tobacco undertone and it was amazing. I even got a "Mmm, You smell good" comment from my wife! Three passes with the Sheraton not quite full cranked down tight left me BBS, I've been experiencing some dryness on my face in these coldest of winter months so I applied some Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB and let it absorb for a few minutes before applying a splash of the Stirling One AS.

17. john zeiger

Andrew great job of describing the scent on Stirling One. I too have Stirling One soap and splash and could not come close to so eloquently and accurately describing the scent as you did. All I know is that I like it:)

18. Shadow Shaver

Great review. I was interested in this particular set. Sounds nice. Gotta love the stamp of approval from the wife!

19. Shadow Shaver

Nice video. I'm actually wearing R4L today, love that scent. My 4yo said that you look awesome with all that lather on your face! You definitely build a much better layer than I do. Lol Happy shaving all!

20. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you, Gents!