What else do you collect?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Killerflyingbugs, Jan 6, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

some of my old trinkets.. 20190106_172527.jpg 20190106_172945.jpg

pj3r, BigD, Keithmax and 11 others like this.
  2. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Is that a #2 plane. It looks great.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

3. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir, found in the trunk of an old car..had it for years..needs a resto to be usable..

4. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Pill bottles, aches and pains, cold/hot rubs, starting to get into watches, flashlights, I'm a big flashlight guy

5. brit

brit in a box

my u.s.airforce zippo is my favorite..then my brass zippo slim i bought in 92..

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Humm... I heard about this. Rumor has it those guys on the flashlight forum are crazy! Or maybe I started that going around.

Got any particularly interesting photos to share?

Tapatalk via LG

7. brit

brit in a box

some of my recent ones.. 20190106_193056.jpg

BigD, Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and 6 others like this.
  8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I was a flashlight nerd at one time. I will try to dig out a few old treasures and post.

I have one of these for instance:
    http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/second/lionhart.htm

BigD, Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and 4 others like this.
  9. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I also have collected mechanics hand tools, and records. Both kind of went by the wayside after I got married (going on 8 years now.)

The tools fell off because I can't afford them and the family both. Wright, Armstrong, SK, Williams... I still have everything, just not buying anymore. I'm glad I bought what I did while I could.

The records? Those are all boxed up downstairs, and I pray that the girls never pull them out. Too many questions I don't want to answer. I really should sell them.

10. brit

brit in a box

i probably spent 40-45 k on snap-on tools since 1992.. most are sold now..but they were my work tools,plus i owned a shop in the last years..got tired of it, property was sold ,now i just service write at a friends shop..still have enough to work on my cars, if you can work on a car or 3 at home,even just your own cars, they will earn their keep..

11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: Absolutely true! ....... But I feel that way with woodworking in general. :happy088:

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I collect animation art, fountain pens (both vintage & modern) and Swarovski crystal figurines. The art collection includes pieces dating back as far as 1914.

pj3r, Keithmax, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

Oh yes, us that belong to the top secret flashlight society are all nighters. ;) it's actually funny because my youngest son was over last night and he told me that his son (my grandson) had stolen :angelic007: his work flashlight, the boy is 6! Where could he have taken it?
    Anyway, I think everyone needs a good a sold flashlight so I gave him my SureFire, I'm 100% sure that it'll be lost/stolen in a short time but it's important he has a good one
    A new rule of thumb is I don't spend more than $25 now on flashlights, always buy rechargable batteries, trying to do my part saving the planet. I'll get some together when I charge the batteries and take a picture.
    SureFire-Fury-DFT-Dual-Fuel-Tactical-Flashlight-1.jpg

14. RaZorBurn123

I remember the days of lugging around the big Mag light, SureFire surely changed everything

15. brit

brit in a box

my
    most recent one ..straight off the snap on truck. very bright,adjustable, well built and rechargeable..fits in the pocket like a pen..flashlight nerd? no ,working stiff.. 20190116_211103.jpg

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Tobacco pipes
    Tattoos
    Silver coin

pj3r, BigD, Killerflyingbugs and 6 others like this.
  17. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Cigar bands

Attached Files:

18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I collect knives as , I’ve an affinity for sharp things:). I have many of all different types and sizes. Below are a couple of my favorites. The top three are made by Bark River and the bottom one is a Beretta, I picked up a couple decades ago.

F3676F7C-D8B2-4B56-A3D7-5B8BBA219159.jpeg 8B23C149-C210-4C55-ACA6-B7D9A3F9E782.jpeg A002A9C8-FAA9-4235-85C7-BA0D2F785D56.jpeg 7E4102A4-1EB0-4605-8558-DC40377E9CDB.jpeg

20. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

I've acquired a couple Hamilton rail road pocket watches. I carry a 1951 Hamilton 99b with Montgomery dial (16 size) daily for work. The other is a 1901 Hamilton 940 (18 size)