January 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2018.

?

What is your New Year shaving related resolution?

1. I'm going to do the hardest of all - a No-Buy '19

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. I'm going to try shaving with straight razors (pain sticks included)

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. I'm going to reduce the number of soaps in my den

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm going to buy everything in sight and build an addition to hold it all!!

6 vote(s)
    11.8%
  5. I'm going to shave. Simple, right?

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  6. I'm going to eat more cookies. Or donuts. Or ice cream.

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

what are schick injector base retainers made from?the part e-2s have than be moved to the left for cleaning..they look brass colored.

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  2. Rkep01

Rkep01 Well-Known Member

GGH.JPG
    Does anyone know who this famous actor was?

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  3. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yes it would. I'm doing quite a bit of reading on it to see if I can figure it all out. I've seen some info that indicates that you can replace the small wedge blades with SE blades - which would help the process immensely! However, if the originals can be restored to shave-ready that would be preferable. We'll see if I can get it working.

Paul76, RyX, Linuxguile and 11 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Woooo. Merit badge indeed!! It is easier to find a Jr. Bar. Good move snatching the Kampfe.
    [​IMG]
    My Williams Wednesday shave.

Paul76, RyX, Linuxguile and 13 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

will be following sir.. this would be a razor i would try out..

RyX, Linuxguile, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  6. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

The Mighty Veg and a Kampfe. The one two punch. Ok, ok, just for you Fuzzter - the Williams counts as the knock out punch. :smiley respect:

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It was an awesome before work shave! Waiting on a train to come into the plant. Shave still feels great!

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Brother, that's beautiful.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

RyX, Linuxguile, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

16 January, MMXIX A.D.

Last two shaves.

[​IMG]

How about some wide open DE fun? Cool That's what I thought you guys would say!

Gillette 195 (E2) Adjustable
    The Pride of Saint Petersburg - GSB
    Palmolive Shave Stick
    @jtspartan crafted Tuxedo
    The John Wayne Stuff

For brand newbies:

I don't offer many opinions on blade brands. My general opinion is that as one's profiency with the tool increases, the range of blades that are acceptable also increases. By the time one has mastered aggressive DE razors at low angles, straight razors aren't that big of a leap.

Want a blade opinion?

Consider Gillette Silver Blue (GSB) as your first bulk purchase. They are quite smooth, consistently sharp, and can hold an edge for at least a week. They also consistently appear in just about every list of "top blades" ever written.

Back to my shave:

By far the coolest DE razor in my drawer, the old school Fatboy makes an appearance. This one once had a home in Kentucky with my friend Charlie, and it's a joy to have it in my small razor collection. Any newbies reading should note that even though it features a dial, I use it wide open and really enjoy the low angles with pretty decent blade exposure. It shaves much like a Fatip you may see in my photos. Fatip is my favorite static DE head. @wristwatchb feels that Feather optimizes this razor, and I can't disagree.

Now to read up on the thread a bit. Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a great Thursday!
    :)

Paul76, Terry, Primotenore and 17 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

definitely my top drawer blade so far . gsb and nacet..nice fatboy..

RyX, Linuxguile, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Paul76, RyX, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

When I say my top three soaps are Mitchell's, Tabac and Stirling (not necessarily in that order) you think I only have three tubs of soap. As you say, it's more like 40 with all of the Stirling choices I have latched onto. With another inbound now! If he starts making more scents in mutton tallow I will need to clear out a closet at this rate!

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great info on that particular razor. Very interesting. As for the Sheep - it does seem to be a bit stubborn about being used up. My sample is far from gone and at the rate I use it right now I might never get to break open the full tub I have waiting!

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

thank you charlie.a bit over the top built t bucket..my gillette collection is always evolving..blew the NB-19 but will be selective with the software purchases..the favorites are showing their colors..my rads /bads/sads were part of the tryout process..

RyX, Linuxguile, Frijolero and 8 others like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

20190116_230902.jpg hello fello shavers, thursday shave..onward and forward with the techs. still really liking this service razor, something about it..wilki stick/derby grated into a bowl,simpson made a great lather,tech/ gsb delivered a nice 3 pass dfs..just following along..great shaves and a great day to all,gary

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Fools pass tip: hold the razor with both hands, one on the tip and on the heel, now move your head and NOT you hands.

Venting is better than committing murder. I hope it all works.

Tell your wife, I’m impressed and great job on getting a step closer to her dream.

jtspartan, FaceScraper, RyX and 9 others like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

It's Thursday, wonderful Thursday!
    Hello all!
    Good shave this morning...
    20190117_060324.jpg
    Did a 2 pass face shave with the shavette with no nicks, cuts, or hot spots. Had to clean the chin up with the Fatip because the Personna blade in the shavette was to dull. Three shaves is the limit for these blades.
    The head shave with the Fatip loaded with a new Polsilver blade made fast work shaving the gord clean and smooth. No nicks, cuts, or any issues.
    I was able to get three head shaves out of the last blade but it was not a good shave so two is about the limit on these blades.

Still using the shavette for the mug. Still getting better shaves because of the every day work with the open blade.
    All in all a good time by everyone.
    Enjoy
    tp

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Congratulations to Jennifer for her dedication and commitment!

Norcalnewb, FaceScraper, RyX and 7 others like this.
  19. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Keith, but I have seen it done by Dr. Matt on youtube. I like doing things the hard way. Lol!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Norcalnewb, FaceScraper, RyX and 5 others like this.
  20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 17th
    Razor: IBC/Timeless Bronze SB
    Blade: Feather AC Professional/GSB (2)
    Brush: RR Bruce synth
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Shannon's Soaps Etherea
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Shannon's Soaps Etherea

Good morning!

Two passes with the shavette, no blood loss or irritation. Third pass with the Timeless Bronze SB. Just missed the baby.

Have a great day![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.