Proraso Group Hug (Poll)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Jan 4, 2016.

?

What is your favourite Proraso Soap

Poll closed Jan 18, 2016.
  1. White

20.5%
  2. Green

40.9%
  3. Red

27.3%
  4. Blue

6.8%
  5. No preference

2.3%
  6. All the above

6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Vielleicht in Italien gibt es? Himmlischer Gott, Proraso Gelb? Canned foam=Dreck! lolllllll

2. I use and enjoy Poraso green pretty frequently. It's really easy to lather, smells good, and is my go to if I'm running late in the mornings.

Not to mention it gives you a good "umph" when you splash cool water on your face!

Frijolero, Jostalli and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

+1 for the umph! Very invigorating in the morning. :)

Frijolero, RyX and WrenchesAndLather like this.
  4. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I have only used the white and the green. I voted for the white but it just barely edges out the green. The green was my very fist real shave soap. However, the white seems leave my face with a refreshing smooth clean feeling.

5. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

I love the just stepped outside on a frigid Colorado winter morning that Proraso Green gives me. Great feeling and with this soap I can get it twice in one day

Frijolero likes this.
  6. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

I haven't tried all the soaps or creams but do have a few. I have the Red shaving soap and the White in the pre shave (which I assume is the same scent of the other whites). I like the red. It's a very warm sandalwood and smells very good and warming. I would like to try the green. Also, never tried their shaving cream in a tube...how is it?

Frijolero and Robyflexx like this.
  7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

It's very good buddy. I have the green in a tube and a almond sized dollop gives me enough for three passes easy. Love face lathering it. :)

Frijolero and m54daboll like this.
  8. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

That cold water rinse is what really wakes me up for those 4 AM shifts!

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good Thread Bump @KUSTOM! I missed this one first time around.
    With the poll being closed I couldn't vote, but I'd have a hard time choosing.

Was PIF'ed a partial tube of C.O.Bigelow so now I have the Green preshave, tubbed soap, & AS lotion. Good menthol level.

In Red the tubbed soap and AS lotion. From my reading it's closest to straight up sandalwood with little or no cologne scent. Got the preshave on my shopping list.

I have the White tubbed soap, but mistakenly ordered the Blue AS balm. Fortunately the scents work well together.

10. brit

brit in a box

love proraso ..readily available in some drug stores around here. kicks the domestic canned stuff to the curb..

11. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I have green , white, blue. I find myself reaching for the green most often
    ( and sometimes poraso pre shave)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  12. brit

brit in a box

in the summer green is a favorite..liking the new line at present .wood and spice cream is excellent and the balm and cologne are perfect for winter...imo

wristwatchb, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

As I understand the progression, Proraso has first released products as a cream in tubes, and later some (Red, Green, & White) have been available in tubs. Blue is still only available in tubes, and Yellow only in a can.

The New Line comes in bags? How does this dispense? Is there a stopper that securely closes? Is the product the same consistency as the cream in tubes?

brit, Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  14. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I wish I liked it. I do like the scents from the green and red but my shaves are always lacking. One of my favorite inexpensive Italian shave soaps is Prep which reminds me of Noxzema scent wise. If I remember correctly I think this was originally an American soap and the recipe was sold.
    [​IMG]

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've only used the Proraso green (C.O. Bigelow). The price is right (currently $5 for the 5.2 ounce tube if you combine the sale price with a Bath and Body in-store coupon), and I really enjoy the scent and performance. It's a winner in my book.

RyX, Linuxguile and oscar11 like this.
  16. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

The single blade line is in a bag/pouch with a screw on top. It's like a 9.5 oz bag of cupcake frosting. Consistency is the same as the old style tubes.

oscar11, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  17. Somnos

Somnos Well-Known Member

I have Proraso green, red and white and like them all very much but something about the green is good all year around while the red I associate to fall and winter.

RyX likes this.
  18. Arnout

Arnout Well-Known Member

I like the wood and spices

19. brit

brit in a box

the bags are designed for use in a fancy dispenser, but have an unscrewable cap for us guy use..squeeze some out and wholla..just like the tubes.. download (2).jpg

Frijolero likes this.