The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PatP

PatP Member

My guess is that it is based on the typical color of obsidian glass (black) and that color's relationship with black licorice (even though licorice and anise - the identifying scent of the soap - are not technically the same thing). The good doctor can correct me if I am wrong (I won't be hurt :)).

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Believe me, our winters are colder. Not very much but they are!

ezlovan, john zeiger, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I had fun with it last year...more fun ahead in 2019 for the "2020".

ezlovan, john zeiger, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

From Merriam-Webster Dictionary: Obsidian=a dark natural glass formed by the cooling of molten lava.

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I usually watch Stephanie Mead here. Trouble is, most of the time I can't remember a word she said...
    Screenshot_20190118-175023-01.jpeg

6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I think Monday I will take a day off from learning the straight razor and get out the glacial lemony orange. Looking at it every day and not being able to use it is killing me.

7. Paul Turner

Is that a fact? :). Boston needs more female metiorologists, although as I say, the guy I talked about who is calm, professional, and casual is the MAN I like.

8. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Can't for the life of me figure out what would divert your attention so much? Better start recording my friend. Lol

My order might get here tomorrow. I'm right on the line between snow/ice mix and rain. Mother Nature might win this round. Better safe than someone getting hurt!

9. Paul Turner

Well, now that he feels like a new man, she can get him going with Xecutive Man, Sandpiper, SDM Barbershop, etc...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  10. Paul Turner

After a few more hand-washes at the sink, I'll be ready to put the Baker St. bath soap up. (Finishing up with my usual Block Soap for now).

11. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Very happy to get my own order in yesterday. Kaboom bath soap smells great, very happy that I bought that set for my Dad. Stirling One has a nice scent as well. SWMBO absolutely loves Deep Blue Sea! She wants it to be my next shave, so much for Island Man. I don't know why I plan my shaves anymore, but then again who am I to disappoint such a beautiful lady. Happy shaving all!

12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Deep Blue Sea!! Yes indeed is awesome!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Got a bath soap order in on Friday. Three bars of Stirling Green, one of Stirling One, and one of British Leather. Got out the British Leather yesterday and used it in the shower. I certainly get the leather scent but there's also a nice smoky element (at least to my nose). Nice, masculine scent.

Stirling One smells great and I already knew I liked Stirling Green (hence buying three bars).

14. Paul Turner

Is the BL "smoke" scent more along the lines of "gun" or "pipe/cigar"?

15. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

More like wood smoke or camp fire to me, but I could be totally wrong.

16. Paul Turner

Oh, I forgot that kind!! I had the bad experience with the tobacco scent put out by Gents(forgot the name), time to move on to wood and gun next(,

17. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

00720115-61CA-452F-9151-D2CBCA2993A6.jpeg How does this look for Tuesday morning?

18. Paul Turner

Very good, especially since we've been talkinabout its origin and what is exactly is.

19. Paul Turner

The Baker Street "handsoap" is up and running at my sink. Nice scent :).

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave to start day![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk