Do You Ever Feel Guilty?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by COMPNOR, Jan 20, 2019.

1. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

About having excess lather? It wasn't something I worried about. I mean, there are so many good soaps out there, that if a little extra went down the drain and I used a bit more, no worries.

But that excess lather, it doesn't get the joy of being used for a shave. It makes me sad. I have done things like washed my hands with it, or just let it sit on my face while cleaning up, but still. It doesn't get to reach its full potential.

So sad.

2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I confess I feel pangs of guilt as I clean my brush and lather bowl.

9nein9, BigMike, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

If you're using a soap puck, squeeze the remaining lather out of the knot back into the container. It will be there waiting for you tomorrow. Just don't tell this young lady...
    1.jpg
    Now, you can sleep well tonight. ;)

9nein9, Keithmax, mrchick and 4 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

if i am using a good soap and have leftover lather i will relather and then wash my gear up.. if there is really lots i will lather up and put a hot towel on it as an extra pre shave ..both is pleasurable..,hate to waste ..

9nein9, MacDaDad, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I really don't considering they last a long time and the amount of soaps I have.

Keithmax, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

It's good to get things off your chest. I feel better already.

9nein9, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  7. MntnMan62

Good idea. I’m going to try that. I’ll take the leftover lather from both the bowl and the brush and pour it into the soap tub, leave the top off to dry as normal for several hours.

9nein9, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

If you only had one mug, one soap, and one brush; you could just leave the brush in the mug until tomorrow.

brit, Frijolero, RyX and 2 others like this.
  9. MntnMan62

Isn’t that what our grandfathers did?

Hodge, John Beeman, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

I'm trying to use up a tub of Soap Commander, so I have been using it most every day. I put the excess lather back into the container, cap it, and it's fine the next day. I'm not sure I'd do this if I planned to put the soap away for an extended period of time. If I did, I'd leave the cap off to let it dry.

Frijolero, RyX and MntnMan62 like this.
  11. wristwatchb

I sometimes go a little overboard in the tub as well. I haven't figured out how to save the extra bath suds for the next day, though.

1.jpg

Terry, emkeane, well-groomed and 12 others like this.
  12. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Wait, there is a problem here?

John Beeman, brit, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

:signs011: +1 to not worried.

December of 2017 I decided to Focus on decadent luxurious lathers. If I'm using a hard soap that hasn't been out for a while, I'll moisten the surface to assist in getting a good load. Generally I do three passes followed by some fiddly clean up on my lower neck & around my chin. Having enough lather keeps the irritation away if I don't backslide into cart habits of too much pressure. If I wash a little or a lot down the drain it's pennies. Don't think I finished one soap last year while adding a couple to the pile.

Keithmax, brit, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  14. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Doesn't bother me at all. The joy is in shaving. Once the lather has served its purpose, the rest is washed down the drain. I can't seem to stop ordering soaps, so I have no fear of running out. Besides, I have never been able to make a "little" lather.

15. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

#latherhasfeelingstoo

9nein9, Moose, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  16. gzp

gzp Well-Known Member

At some point it occurred to me to start saving the excess lather, squeezing it out of the brush and putting it into a small bowl. Initially, I would forget to do it more often than I remembered. After a while, I remembered every day, packing it down every so often. It takes a long time to accumulate anything significant. It also doesn't look all that great. I tried it once and it worked fine but at some point I stopped adding to it.

9nein9, Frijolero, brit and 1 other person like this.
  17. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Wipe the excess lather on your mirror, then wipe it off with a dry towel. It does a great job at stopping it from fogging while in the shower. It isnt needed every day, but it does work. Give it a try.

9nein9, BigMark83, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  18. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Absolutely not. Never.

19. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’m only upset if I didn’t make enough.

BigMark83, Frijolero, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011: