Least favorite?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ordinaryshaver, Jan 20, 2019.

1. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Which razor is your least favorite and why?
    Can be for any reason, just don't get a good shave from it, don't use it like you thought you would, doesn't look as shiny as the other ones..... Doesn't matter .
    Mine would be my 1912 ever ready. It looks cool, the art deco theme is great. However even though I think I have solid technique, it still makes me work. It's not an automatic magic shave like my featherweight or MicroMatic.

If we are talking DE razors, it would be my Merkur 37c. It shaves fine, it is machined well, and the cost is in par. I just don't need a slant. I find that I was trying to compensate for bad technique and that's why I thought I needed it.
    So, what say yall?

RyX, Keithmax, johnnyflake and 2 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My least favorite is my Merkur Progress. I find it isn't well balanced, difficult to rinse out the lather from the head and while I can get a BBS shave from it, it simply is my least favorite. But, it is by no means a bad razor.

Keithmax, johnnyflake and Frijolero like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the Progress, but I am surprised it wasn't better for you. I appreciate your review of it.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Frijolero and Primotenore like this.
  4. Primotenore

Article Team
    I don't hate it Chris. The OP asked what our "least favorite" was. Mine is the Progress. Let me know if you want to give it a try, I'll send it to you for a month.

5. lightcs1776

My least favorite was a super speed. I know they are good shavers, but this one was simply too mild. Although not asked, my best so far has been a my straight, which can be finicky, but gives an amazing shave when I get it right.

Keithmax, Herm2502 and Frijolero like this.
  6. lightcs1776

I really appreciate the offer, but I am really satisfied with my razors (not that I wouldn't like others). I am finding myself drawn to straight razors, partly because of the challenge of them and partly because I have had fantastic shaves from them (albeit with a nick or two, but very minor).

7. Primotenore

Article Team
    :signs011:

Leclec13, Frijolero and lightcs1776 like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

That's just weird about the 1912. One of the most successful razor designs of all time. Go figure.

The winner of the quickest kick out the door for a DE was the Holy Black SR-71. Ridiculous weight and proportion, I shaved with it maybe twice before selling it. Just a dumb dumb design from my perspective.

Keithmax and Frijolero like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

@jmudrick
    I know, I just can't seem to take it!

Frijolero and jmudrick like this.
  10. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Least favorite: Schick I-2 Hydromagic.

Man, I REALLY wanted to like this razor but it wasn't meant to be. Just couldn't get an irritation free shave out of it. And believe me I tried, and tried and tried again. Too bad as I loved the mechanical aspect of this razor.

Keithmax, johnnyflake and Frijolero like this.
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I agree, never had a good shave from a SS. Don't know why, maybe it IS the mildness.

Herm

brit, Frijolero and lightcs1776 like this.
  12. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

My 1966 Schick Adjustable Injector. It just doesn't feel right in my hand when I shave with it.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

Keithmax and Frijolero like this.
  13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I was upset at myself for buying an I2 because it cost more than the rest of my injectors and didn’t shave well at all.
    I left it in a drawer for over a year (maybe longer) and then one day pulled it out on a whim.
    Apparently these types need to be in a dark quiet place for an extended time period or at least until the metamorphosis is complete.
    I was absolutely stunned at what a fantastic razor it had become after such a long period of dormancy.
    Give it a try.

14. brit

brit in a box

schick injectors and gem/eveready se. sorry folks..they shaved me well,but the gem /eveready se was awkward for me, and the schicks reminded me of early carts..they are all cool to look at and all,i prefer my vintage gillettes..

15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

The Supply single edge. Mild to a fault, heavy, clumsy feeling. In every way the opposite of everything an injector should be. I'm sure that I could beat a good shave out of it if I use it a few more times. But I have no desire to. Sooner or later I'll get around to unloading it.

Keithmax likes this.
  16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Similar finding, sold mine.

Frijolero likes this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I like that last thought.

Primotenore and Keithmax like this.
  18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It is NOT the razor that is weird..just saying.

Keithmax likes this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Least favorite is the Ever Ready 1924. Just do not like the thing. I get great shaves from them though.

gorgo2, PastorAndy914 and Frijolero like this.
  20. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

Least favorite is the Saiver. Felt harsh, and I nicked my fingertip trying to load the split blade evenly. I've got too many razors I actually like to bother with ones that I don't.

Keithmax, Frijolero and johnnyflake like this.