What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. fredyx

fredyx Well-Known Member

An old Filly 14 DT restored and modified.[​IMG]

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday Straights' Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Wash
    Jeeves of Hudson Street
    Jayaruh #327
    Fredrick Reynolds 5/8
    CWR
    Stetson AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Jeeves of Hudson Street Shaving Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #327 boar brush. I did two passes with the Fredrick Reynolds 5/8 and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Stetson AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

3. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Thank, pal!

Edison Carter and oscar11 like this.
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

5/8 Le Minet
    B&M Lavanille
    homemade boar

This mornings shave was off a bit. It was close but not comfortable. The edge is wicked sharp, I'll see if I can work out on my strop. Lavanille is my all time favorite artisan scent, deep, dark and rich. I found this "frenchy" locally which is pretty unusual for me, I find American made or German with an occasional Shefield but never run across French made straights. I put this brush together for an upcoming road trip , a small boar. I found this knot laying around my shop and got the handle out of my junk pile. Soaked it for a couple of days in the fridge and gave it a few hand lathers and it's good to go. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  5. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

9AE0D140-EE1C-4497-8F1D-CA5F72A4C845.jpeg

French razors are great! 13/16 Le Grelot Lotus, cream was Dior Eau Sauvage with matching ASB to finish up.

Cheers, Steve

6. oscar11

That's a fine Grelot razor.

Karl G, Edison Carter, Spyder and 3 others like this.
  7. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Thank you sir!

Cheers, Steve

8. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Friday's Shave
    4/8 Klas Törnblom
    Had an extremely close and smooth shave from this Swedish straight.I love the Steel in this razor.It can destroy my toughest of whiskers and handles like an Italian Sports car. rps20190119_154322_089.jpg

9. M14Shooter

Saturday 's Shave
    Wm . Greaves Wedge
    This razor just wiped the whisker off with almost no sound.She has a very smooth feel to her edge.I finished her on a Belgian Couticle followed by my J-Nat.
    rps20190119_154406_593.jpg

10. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Changing out my work clothes for my sweater and tennis shoes to visit Mr Ro(d)gers Neighborhood :)

Long last few days... it is cool to finally relax, check out the beautiful razors you guys are using, and join in the fun.
    10/8 Joseph Rodgers & Sons dressed in Max Sprecher titanium scales for today. Amazes me that this is as agile as it is under the nose and around the chin - a real treat!
    706FE3F1-088A-4AA4-904B-2308545A672E.jpeg
    I hope you get to enjoy your shave.
    Tom

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Silverloaf 8/8 Western grind kami

ID - 1.jpg

12. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Had to take the Boker out for another spin. Three days of stubble gone in a flash.

69F32D77-5840-40E3-8832-1FA4AB881553.jpeg

13. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Heart Columbia JWest [​IMG]

14. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

860117BA-F6A5-4A23-BC43-1D733E916CD4.jpeg

Filly 14 user, soap was I Coloniali Mango Oil lathered with a custom 2-band. A splash of Harris Pink was followed by a little Le Père Lucien Oud-Neroli for a nice finish to a Sunday shave. Oud-Neroli is a powdery barbershop type scent, simple but nice. The oud or maybe agar (I doubt that it has much real oud oil in it at this price) adds a woody chypre note that’s very pleasant. Like the Rose de Pushkar, it’s a good daily driver especially if you’re going to be around people.

Cheers, Steve

15. M14Shooter

5/8 Boker 101
    Had a wonderful shave with this extremely hollow ground blade .Was BBS in no time .I had to drag this out of storage after seeing Spyders posts with his 101 . rps20190120_153121_416.jpg

16. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

What does the Fox say?
    DFS, baby!
    [​IMG]

17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hart Steel 7/8

IMG_6046.jpg

18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Grandpa Val’s Never Fail whisked that stubble away just like that. Nothing to it. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian Badger
    Mike’s Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender
    Nielsen’s Never Fail 5/8
    Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

JPEG image.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

19. oscar11

? unknown (Silver Star 10/-)
    Abbate Y La Mantia
    homemade boar

This little boar is going to be a great little face latherer. I broke it in with the 3 day soak method. I don't remember where I got the knot, it looks like an Omega but I'm not sure if it is. One pass shave this morning, trying something different. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

20. oscar11

Nice razor, Karl.

TestDepth and Karl G like this.