What's for dinner tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by txskimo, Mar 8, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I was wondering if it was that or maybe some beef/sourcream/cream cheese type thing like braunschweiger dip/spread.

3. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Braunschweiger is a type of liverwurst. It has bacon iirc. What braunschweiger are you referring to?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  4. urrlord

The braunschweiger is a liver sausage I am referring to it is sold in the refrigerated section of the grocery store.It has a very smooth consistency almost a paste ,it is spreadable at room temps.You can mix it with sour cream and spices to make a dip for crackers and chips.I like it on pumpernickel with a strong mustard and cheese.mmmm good

AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and Frijolero like this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Sounds about right. Never heard of anyone mixing it with anything, but that's probably a regional thing. I just tried creton last summer. That's a pork liver spread. It's French-Canadian.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I trust that you realize that "vegetarian" is just a word for "lousy shot."

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sloppy Joe.

On gluten free crackers.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

*cocks revolver*

AGHisBBS, Frijolero and urrlord like this.
  9. urrlord

I put a ham in the crock pot this a.m. with orange marmalade smeared over it and sprinkled with ginger and ground mixed peppercorns.
    wheat bread and cheese and mustard

10. urrlord

took the bone out of yesterdays ham put it into A pot with ham bits,sausage, onion,diced potatoes,white kidney beans,some whole wheat macaroni,2 cans of bean and bacon soup.It was pretty darn good with a dollop of sour cream stirred in.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, brit and 1 other person like this.
  11. urrlord

thawed out a qt of pasta sauce from last months 3 gallons and angel hair pasta.

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Successfully completed my first attempt at Red Beans and Rice. I did the Paul Prudhomme version but skipped the ham hocks. Because of that my version needed salt. I put the tiniest dash of cayenne pepper in and my wife still complained that it was too spicy. I had to add Franks to my bowl to get it where I like it.
    One of these days I’ll try gumbo again but haven’t had much luck with my two previous attempts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs.

brit, AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and 1 other person like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stopped in at a little Mediterranean grill just around the corner. Hadn't had Turkish before. Oh. Wow. Told them I'd never had before, so they suggested the doner with babaganush on the side. It was excellent. And the tea! Don't know if the family will like it but I'll be going back, probably tomorrow to try Turkish coffee for the first time.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I'm now on keto and not enjoying it yet, but had to break down and eat some local strawberry when I saw a mutant one the size of your open palm, like three big ones merged into one. Split it with the daughters.

brit likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

2" sirloin, hot seared in an iron skillet, cooked medium rare. I slit one to let juice run out so I could saute a handful of sliced red cabbage. With A-1 on the side...delicious.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

We were supposed to be taking our son out for dinner for his birthday. Unfortunately I just checked his temperature and he is running a fever of 101. That means my wife and I will have some tortellinis with Rao's Tomato Basil sauce. Quick and easy and really pretty dang delicious.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

An improvised shrimp scampi with penne and some diced fresh tomato. The surprise ingredient was a touch of asian chili-garlic paste. The "recipe" needs a few tweaks, but I'd make it again.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  19. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Flat Iron steak. I tried an Alton Brown recommendation of coating it in mayonnaise before hitting the pan. Not a fan. It added an odd taste and a lot of the crust with the seasoning was left behind in the pan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS likes this.
  20. urrlord

unstuffed cabbage stew.basically cabbage rolls not rolled up.first try.pretty darn good

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and brit like this.