Kent Re-bristle

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Michael, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

My curiosity got the best of me, wondering whether Shavemac was the only brush manufacturer that would replace a badger knot with a new one. So, I asked Vanessa at Kent, my favorite brush company, whether or not it was a service they offered. The response...
    Hi Michael. Vanessa is on a course for a few days so I am covering for her in that time. We do offer such a service and the cost would be approximately £25–30 plus post and packing. So glad you like our shaving brushes!

Kind regards,
    Diane

Now, all I have to do is find a really nice brush handle! Wouldn't it be great to find an antique sterling or ivory handle - and fill it with a BK4, 8 or 12 silvertip knot?! :D

2. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Very cool! Thanks for the heads-up buddy.

Now, are you going to line up a secret "code" for us? :D

3. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Hmmm. Didn't think of that! Maybe GBK1777 will work? Or maybe they'll offer a TSD discount! ;)

4. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

[​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

:happy096 Where the h... do you FIND this stuff?!

6. Stubble

Stubble Member

Michael,
    Does Kent know that this brush you speak of, was not originally a Kent brush. In otherwords, I am wondering if they only have this service for Kent brushes.

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

well, they offer re-bristling for old hairbrushes as well, so I think they might also offer this service for other brands of shaving brush. Just a guess.

http://www.kentbrushes.com/acatalog/brush_repair.html

8. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

I specifically asked about "any" brush, including antique shop/online auction finds, old ivory or sterling handled brushes. So no, it does not have to be a Kent brush. Go for it!

9. Smedley

Smedley New Member

All this talk about Kent brushes is giving me a familiar itchy feeling in my credit card. :rofl

10. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

Not really off-topic......but Lee Sabini of Rooney offers the same service as well........so that makes 3:D

11. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Good to know...thanks, Michael (and Brian).