The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Right I just now see the "Glacial" on it. BRRR.

2. Paul Turner

I haven't heard you talk about Chiseled Face's Cryogen for a real long time. Is that because you discovered that the Stoylin Glacials and Arctique are much colder? You were SCARING me with your Cryogen commentary!(Course I had just signed on at that time).

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Truthfully Cryogen is a force to be reckoned with as well. However today’s Glacials have nudged the Cryogen out of first place, since the good Doc tweeked the formulation. The Glacials also all have definitive scents whereas the Cryogen only smells of powerful menthol fumes, and they lather so much better as well as easier as opposed to the Cryogen’s tendency to be finicky.

4. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

Now that’s just the sort info that one who’s looking to expand his menthol collection needs. Thank you sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I realize this is a Stirling thread, but it still seems like an appropriate place to ask..............has anyone heard from Pickled Northern? I miss his posts, and he’s been absent since September. I know he’s a busy guy, but he used to post while on the road.

I just hope he’s doing well.

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 27th
    Razor: Supply Co 2dot
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Yaqi Mew Brown synthetic
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Executive Man
    Stirling mentholated witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Executive Man
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

The Wiley Unicorn @PickledNorthern is missed for sure. He is responsible for many who have come to love Stirling products, including me.

I think I did read on another thread "he is fine". I certainly hope so!

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I’ve sent him a PM and mailed him a letter over Christmas with no response. Hope he’s doing well. Miss him on the forum.

9. Yehuda D

My pleasure! :)

10. Yehuda D

A502DFFC-B68C-497A-8809-C58AE9B94D92.jpeg Here’s what’s on tap for tomorrow:

11. Paul Turner

I vaguely....and I do mean VAGUELY recall someone saying he needed to take a TSD break for some period of time to take care of personal life issues, but that he'd be back. Mighta been Pickled Northern, but that's where the Vaguely aspect comes into play.

12. Paul Turner

Interesting you show the Wintergreen, as we've been talkinabout CF Cryogen. I always thought the Wintergreen appeared to my nose to be "powerful menthol fumes", too...nothing fancy. I want to have a more fragrant freeze. I have my eye on a soap from a different company(for my next freezer), but as we know, the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards event begins in a couple weeks!(course it's a year-long event, so we'll see what gets nominated.)

13. Yehuda D

I actually love the Wintergreen’s scent. It smells to me anyway, so nice.

14. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

A little bit late, but this was last Monday's shave, my most recent Stirling shave :)

15. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Nag champa for today's shave. It is by far the longest lasting sent I have tried fron Sterling. I can smell it in my beard the following day. It puts a smile on my face when I get a whiff if it as I work.

16. Paul Turner

Right, I recall you spoke positively about it (as you just did now :).

17. Yehuda D

Better late than never, brother! ;)

Awesome video!

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 28th
    Razor: Supply Co 2dot
    Blade: Schick Proline
    Brush: Jayaruh 285 Tuxedo
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Gentleman
    Stirling mentholated witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Gentleman [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

19. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

How do you describe the scent of Nag Champa?

20. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Just like the incense, before you burn it.
    It reminds me of an independently ran music/head shop, minus the patchouli oil smell the owner always has. It is one of my favorite smells.
    It brings me back to my high school days, thinking im slick, useing incense to cover the smell of my "extra-curricular activities". Like I said I love it.