The Haul: January 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi folks. Those are some great scores everyone. Some pretty cool stuff. Looking good everyone.
    So I received a razor set a couple of weeks ago, that I have wanted for a long time. I never see them come up for sale, and so when I spotted this one I jumped far too high, and fortunately it didn’t go as high as it could have. I didn’t care too much which case it had, so long as everything was intact and serviceable. The razor is one of those Canadian Round Ball End ABC Old Type razors, with a gunmetal coated ABC set case. Since Canadian ABC sets are so hard to date, it is not possible to say with complete certainty when it was made, but the case style shows me it was very early, possibly among the first razors produced by Gillette Canada. I believe this razor was made in 1907. But no telling for sure. Here’s some photos after clean up.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the most recent purchase is another one I am proud to be the custodian of, a mid 1930’s Milady New Deluxe Tuckaway style razor. With a mother of pearl case. You should see this one. It looks to have been only used a couple of times. The serial number is 63625. I am having trouble dating it. But it has the original blades with it. I know, because I have seen these and other sets of the period with these blades. They are readily identifiable by the blue background in the portrait of King Gillette on the wrapper. The date code is F-2. 1935. Here are those photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there are my latest two scores everyone. I’m extremely pleased with them. I’m sure you will enjoy the photos too.
    Have a great day All.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliffb599, Jorvaljr, Enrico and 10 others like this.
  2. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Good haul overall, but that Milady is really nice.

Morman Bridge, Linuxguile and brit like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Clean '41 Ranger Tech (blades not original but close )[​IMG]

Blackland Dart, Timeless Bronze SB, a couple of good BST buys.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stopped at Goodwill, found a pair of deep bronze-orange clip on shades. The drive home into the sunset was far out, man.

cliffb599, jimjo1031, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

:cool:

jimjo1031, brit, gorgo2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Morman Bridge

Hey Jim. Thanks. I am really impressed with that Milady. The mother of pearl case is so beautifully marbled. The razor is also immaculate. The gold plate is 99% intact. It was icing on the proverbial cake when I opened the blade bank and saw the original blades. I guess, as you can see, I got pretty excited about the set. Thanks again.
    Peace.

jimjo1031, Enrico and brit like this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great hauls Allan!

jimjo1031 and Morman Bridge like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Nice haul! The timeless and the dart are both on my wishlist. Love the looks

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Very very impressed with the Timeless. We shall see about the Dart.

brit likes this.
  10. Morman Bridge

Thank you Jorge! I appreciate it. I see you are doing some case restorations lately. Your work looks great. You have gotten pretty good with those over the years. Good Going man.
    ☮️

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

February 2019 The Haul is HERE.

brit and Linuxguile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.