The Haul: February 2019

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the haul, please share all new shaving related acquisitions here, oh heck, please share interesting family friendly new finds as well.
    We LOVE pictures! Lots and lots of pictures.
    Thank you for making TSD the best dang shaving forum on the internet.
    Kerry:shaver

Paul Turner, brit and RyX like this.
  2. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Well, here are a few items I'm waiting on.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Awesome!!!!

[​IMG]

:eatdrink013:

4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

My raffle prize from @Queen of Blades arrived. A lifetime supply of M Bomb:
    IMG_1693.jpg
    Thanks again for an awesome raffle!

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I'm so jealous, I would have picked some M-bomb if my ticket was called before all of the TSD shop prizes were claimed!

Douglas Carey, PLAla, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

just arrived.. 20190201_225616.jpg

7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Loved watching Red Green.................

8. jimjo1031

A few goodies arrived today. English Ever-Ready 1912, which seems heavier compared to US made ones. Paragon open comb razor from England, Gem Featherweight razor and a Gillette English Tech with English made Bakelite handle made for the French market. Pretty sure I got that right for the Tech. A Spoiler blade dispenser and extra blades. Two different style Gillette Blade Banks. Three bottles of Spearmint e-liquid, gotta have my fix. Some of you may know the Lockheed P-38 Lightning is my favorite plane. And this is something I've wanted for over thirty years, and just never got the chance to get, and spent the last of my budget for. Looks like I'll need to clear out more of my Den. A signed and numbered WW II P-38 Lightning Plate by artist Ross Tylor, 506/7500 (1982).

Edit: It seems to me that the handle was for a 1940 French Tech set and the head was of the style made during the mid-fifties. And, just a guess mind you, because the handles were made in England and World War II broke out, maybe there were surplus handles stock piled and not sent to France, they were used at a later date after the War.
    zzzzzzzz.jpg

zzzzzza.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  9. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Interesting... it's not a Flat Bottom Tech, but a post-War style one. I'm interested to read your impressions of it.

10. jimjo1031

Without having a scale, the head seems a little heavier than our post war techs.

11. jimjo1031

I added this for a possible Tech explanation. Who knows, it might be a Frankenrazor, but I like my take on it............

Edit: It seems to me that the handle was for a 1940 French Tech set and the head was of the style made during the mid-fifties. And, just a guess mind you, because the handles were made in England and World War II broke out, maybe there were surplus handles stock piled and not sent to France, they were used at a later date after the War.

12. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Received this lot today and I already cleaned them up. The Gem dispenser has been cleaned and I installed 5 fresh new Gem blades. The fat handle tech is Canadian. The star razor looks really nice!
    [​IMG]

13. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

Great haul! I spotted the Star razor immediately. I get great shaves with my Star.

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Jorge has the early version Star there, I've only shaved with the later gold issue which differs some. Would be interested in how it compares to that Canadian Tech

15. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

From this weekends adventures, a 10 inch soft Ark, a 7 inch Surgical Black and two 5 inch Coti’s, actually 1 and 1/2. The 1/2 Coti lost its BBW. Now I have to find a BBW to save it. I tested the blue-black Ark, has a SG of 2.55. The full Coti has a nice wood grain surface

15F6962B-8598-4F33-BC49-45A7B0BB639C.jpeg E55E1F8E-6389-4455-BFFD-3F0D74647782.jpeg

16. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

RVA.JPG RVR.JPG Rudy Vey Limited Edition Manchurian. One of twenty-five made.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The star is suuuuuper mild. I had to back off a quarter turn to open her up a little.

18. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Wow! Very Nice!!

19. brit

brit in a box

nice haul..

20. jimjo1031

Thanks Gary.

Douglas Carey, brit and Linuxguile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.