Summer Break Soaps (Updated with PICS)

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SThomas92, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I said in an earlier post, I'd go for History 101. Two reasons-1)-a superb list of manliness, 2)-the photo of Lincoln right on the lid. During the period where my mom and I were working on some geneaology(from her mother's side), we learned that she was somehow related to "Honest Abe". Me being her son put me right in Lincoln's ballpark.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  2. Asafiev

Asafiev Member

I have recently discovered SBS. To me, they are better than Noble Otter, Stirling, Uncle Jons, Caties Bubbles, B&M and PAA. The post shave in particular is satisfying. They have a new winter scent being released in the next week or so.

3. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

I just came across thjs company and most of the descriptions look great! Will definitely be trying these.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Paul Turner likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

I'm glad this thread is available. I look forward to people's feelings about SBS.

5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I picked up a tub of Back To School from the BST on another fourm. Have only used it once so far, but managed a terrific lather. Was quite surprised at the performance, Will use it again soon and post results.

Shadow Shaver likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

I have seen your "face" on other forums. :)

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

Is that a good thing or is my ugly mug taking up space? Lol

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Well, let me take a long time to think. (One second later)-good thing :).

9. SHAVEWIZARD420

Hahaja good answer Paul. I think i only posted pics of my face once or twice. One time was with Ellegant Rose- English Rose soap, trying to show the lather.

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

Ok used Summer Break Back To School this morning. Soap lathers well and could take a good amount of water, even flooded it on the 3rd pass just for fun and it stayed stable.

Slickness is excellent on this soap and one of the qualities that stood out IMO. Very happy with this soap base and look forward to see what other scents Summer Break Soaps come up with in the future.

Here is a quick lather shot to give you an idea of what to expect.

20190130_125357.jpg

Paul Turner likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

That's the Barbershop one, right?

12. SHAVEWIZARD420

Its described as a fresh take on a Fall scent. Is pretty unique compaired to most typical Fall scents.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. Paul Turner

Oh that's right...the Barbershop soap is Picture Day.

14. Paul Turner

And now I've decided that one will be my next soap from SBS.

15. Paul Turner

Is this thing on?

16. SHAVEWIZARD420

Thats cool Paul. Barbershop scents are usually a safe bet, some vary a little bit but its usually a scent you know what to expect.

The Summer Break Soap base is very good and their presentation is excellent, the tub is nice and sturdy with a thick lid and the threads are easy to remove/put on.

Paul Turner likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Thanks for the encouragement on SBS...I guess there was just something about the History 101 that threw me off. I wanted to like it. We'll see about the Barbershop. Should be good with Clubman :).

18. poikkeus

poikkeus Member

I'm kind of late to this discussion, but...

The performance is quite good; lots of glide, and lathers up easily. The scent is supposed to be an evocation of "history" - but I thought it was closer to Tabac, albeit brighter and more a lot more appealing. Surprisingly good shaving soap!

M14Shooter likes this.
  19. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Own both Brain Break and Back to School. The scents are really pleasant and the performance is just as good as anything I've used. I'm really happy.

Paul Turner likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

I had the History 101 bath/hand soap and was thrown off a bit, I think due to the combined ingredients. I might look at other options, like the barbershop.

McCrae likes this.