All smoke and mirrors

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Robert1955, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Eyes are not as good as they were, I have had them for 63 years so far and hope to keep them for life, Tried shaving with glasses on but they are only reading glasses and the mirror is approx two feet away when I shave, does anyone use/reccommend a shaving mirror...the extendable type for instance...tia.

Robert.

brit, Keithmax, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  2. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I know there are a few folks here that use them quite a bit, however, I am not one of them. Good luck.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I figure what ever makes your shaving experience better, go for it. I could see where it would be quite handy.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I typically shave in the shower with a magnifying shaving mirror (held to the wall with a suction cup hook). But, every time I stay in a hotel that has one of those extending 2-sided shaving mirrors at the sink, I swear that I'm going to get one. They are also good for seeing the nose and ear hairs without glasses.:eek: I mean... um... so I've heard.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    brit, Keithmax, Robert1955 and 2 others like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Robert1955 and Frijolero like this.
  7. Robert1955

Dont know if you have IKEA stores in USA...i think you would...I just looked and they do a near identical mirror as the link above and it is £3.95 ...jeez thats cheap.

Robert.

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

We do. In fact, they just threw one up in my area last year. I've been meaning to head up there and kill an afternoon looking around.
    The mirror sells for $10 here. I don't need one just yet, but I'll have to keep it in mind.

brit and Robert1955 like this.
  9. Robert1955

Went over to Ikea today and got a mirror...£4:00, dont know what that is in $$$ but not a lot

Robert

10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

About $5.24 .... great price!

brit, Frijolero and Robert1955 like this.
  11. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

I had a house with a lighted magnifying mirror built in to the master bath. I did not use it for general shaving. I did use it to take a good look at the little details after shaving. I learned that there were a couple spots I routinely missed, and could view any errant hairs on or near my face that needed to be touched up. It was also very handy in viewing any nicks I gave myself and make sure they were sealed before stepping out the door. It improved my level of shaving quite a lot.

Robert1955 and Frijolero like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

my wife asked if i wanted one..cool..

Robert1955 likes this.