Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Have you tried it with the brush yet? If not, you're in for a pleasant surprise once you start brush application.

I tend to initially apply a thin layer of Barbasol--aggressively brush-scrubbing it into my beard--then paint on a thicker layer. Perfect every time!

2. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Not yet, may tomorrow.

ilts likes this.
  3. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Saturday's Barbasol Shave 02/02/19 DSCF3325.JPG

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I noticed the other flavours have newly designed cans with similar caps and that top line about "Celebrating Made in the USA 100 Years"

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

5. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Saw the new caps on Barbasol cans a couple of days ago at my local Meijer store. They used a cap like this on the Ultra cans.

I wonder if Gillette will bring back these types of caps on Foamy cans...

I don't like the big caps. They take up more space in a toiletries bag when travelling, and create more garbage to deal with.

On another note...the retro striped cans are already long gone locally, and new Pacific Rush still hasn't made it here. Glad I ponied up and bought a sixer of that direct from Barbasol...

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You made a good buy...I was thinking of doing that aswell..only..I had read a review somewhere, where someone said that the caffeine and menthol combination felt like a chemical burn to them...

So I was a little scared to make a bulk buy, without trying first. I know the Gillette Foamy Menthol feels like a chemical burn to me...Not nice and Flat unusable!

BUT this stuff is GREAT! Frankly. I don't spot the caffeine...But the menthol is very nice...I used to love the old Barbasol Menthol, but, thankfully I much prefer this one. The pacific Rush scent is nice and very lowkey, which I dig. As it doesn't interfere at all with using cologne, afterward.

This is a real winner..I think you've got yourself a solid investment there!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s, ilts and Ursa like this.
  7. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

I still have 7 cans of vintage Cool Menthol and it's in the rotation along with new Pacific Rush. I gotta agree: I love the new Rush even more than my old favorite, Cool Menthol.

I'm not convinced that the caffeine actually does anything, but who cares--it's still the best can o' lather that I've ever used.

Now, instead of fretting about depleting my stash of Cool Menthol, I'll have to worry about new Pacific Rush suddenly being discontinued...and if it does get retired, I'll try to sock away enough of it to enjoy for the rest of my life. I figure around 60 cans should do it.

Also agree about Foamy Menthol: Too much burn, not enough chill. That was the first Menthol I ever used, back in my late teens; I also tried Edge Menthol gel around that time--yikes, even more burn! I never dared to try menthol creams again 'til I hit my forties.

If only I had tried Barbasol Cool Menthol first...if only...

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Acton, MA..about 20 miles NW of Boston.

9. Killerflyingbugs

Sunday shave
    Cold tap-water splash
    Barbasol soothing aloe
    Frankenstein razor
    Parker blade, 3rd shave with it
    Perfecto brush
    Alum
    Witch hazel
    Beard oil
    3 pass all over dfs almost bbs.
    Barb with a brush was a pleasant experience, shave was really nice slight warmth from the alum but it was gone in a few seconds. Best shave with this razor yet. [​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I grew up using the green can. It's still one of my favorite flavors.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

11. Killerflyingbugs

It is nice, my favorite canned foam. I want to try the Pacific one of I ever see it.

12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Supposedly, the caffeene constricts your blood vessels and makes it less likely to get weepers because the blood isnt as close to the surface of the skin. Its much the same as using cold water. Barbsol isnt the first to use caffeene in shaving products. Pacific has been doing it for a while, as has Nivea.
    IMO, Pacific Rush is the best cream that Barbasol makes right now. Im still bummed that they dropped Arctic Chill but Pacific Rush is a good one.

AGHisBBS, Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  13. chevyguy

Extra Moisturizing, (Purple Can) is my favorite. I want to try the mentholated Pacific Rush if it ever shows up at my Walmart.

Clayton

14. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Saw the new Barbasol cans with the bigger caps at Meijer today. I think its an interesting idea. At the very least it should keep the spout clean between uses, although I imagine most people will just throw the can in the trash.

AGHisBBS, Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  15. DrStrange

DrStrange Well-Known Member

I spray it into a cup and apply it with a brush. The brush makes it easy to keep my hands clean.
    I like to keep my hands clean when I shave. Then I only have to wipe my blade before I
    put it away.

ilts, Ijustmissedthe50s and Ursa like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, I have a good feeling that I will match you in the Barbasol/Clubman combo soon.

Ijustmissedthe50s, ilts and Ursa like this.
  17. chevyguy

I found a can of the mentholated Pacific Rush this afternoon at my local Winco Supermarket. I may give it a try tonight after the Super Bowl.

Clayton

18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

:)

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  19. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 02/03/19

DSCF3329.JPG

20. Killerflyingbugs

Monday's shave
    Cold water splash and rinse
    Franken razor
    Barbasol aloe
    Perfecto brush
    Alum
    Witch hazel
    Beard oil
    Shaves getting better every day, almost no reaction from the alum, IBSS smooth[​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, ilts, brit and 1 other person like this.