The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

First shave with the Barbershop and yeah works fine for me!

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I’m looking forward to using the Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo and Glacial Unscented balm this coming Menthol Monday.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I can match you SOMEWHAT on Monday...I'll have out my Unscented A.S.

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Is it mentholated? ;)

5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'm still laying off the glacials while I learn to use a straight.

But since we were just talking about Scots Pine Sheep, I got mine out today and had a fantastic shave!

IMG_20190202_075916_1.jpg

6. Paul Turner

No, that's why I said "Somewhat". :)

7. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I have a question for @ezlovan. I now use Stirling bath soap exclusively in the shower, and have converted over to Stirling shampoo bars instead of my typical shampoo for my hair. Yesterday, by accident I used the bath bar to shampoo my hair. Surprisingly lathered up nicely and worked great. How much difference is there between the two? Are they close enough where the bath bar could be used regularly for both? If not would it make sense to consolidate the line into one multi-use product in order to reduce your SKUs and increase your inventory turns? The businessman in me says doing that is 100% guaranteed to increase profits if it’s chemically feasible. It also makes it convenient for us customers. What are your thoughts?

8. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    They are very different formulas. While some people can use the bath soaps on their hair, for most the bath soaps will make their hair feel stringy or matted. In addition to the different oil, the shampoo bars also have silk protein and panthenol, which are both great for your hair.

9. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I figured as much, but it was worth asking. Thanks, Rod.

10. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Way to start the day. A mostly Stoylin shave, Mountain Man soap, splash and EDT and the Stoylin butterscotch handled badger brush (Rex Ambassador razor with a PolSilver blade). Fantastic shave.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Super shave to start the day! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. Paul Turner

That's all ya got?

13. Paul Turner

I see Doc Ezlovan made his latest rounds, but I don 't think he saw that silly thing I said about coming close to running out of the Barbershop soap. Was probably on a different thread.

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, PLAla and 5 others like this.
  14. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

My Arkadia bath soap finally gave up the ghost this weekend. I replaced it with a bar of Shirtless. I've been bamboozled! Lol It smelled good coming out of the package, must have been all the other scents sticking to the bar. I lathered up and as soon as I began washing all I could smell was a mildew shag carpet aroma. I later asked my wife to smell the bar and she came up with mildew without any prompting from me. I'm sure that this is probably limited to just my bar, but it was disappointing. On the brighter side, I have many more Stirling bath bars to switch to!;) Happy 2319 everyone!

15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February 4th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #18 Blackland Sabre L2
    Gem SS PTFE (1)
    WWB Jungle Ebonite (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Deep Blue Sea soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

First go with the Blackland Sabre L2 and I'm very impressed. Medium aggression in the blade feel department but after two passes I was near BBS, I did a third pass to seal the deal. Smooth shave and am smelling great thanks to Deep Blue Sea! I didn't notice any shed hairs today out of the Maggard mixed knot, it does still have a fair bit of scritch to it though. Have a great Monday my Friends!

16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

February 4th
    Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
    Thayers Rose witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Sandpiper
    [​IMG]

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

February 5th
    Razor: Rex Ambassador 6.5
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
    Brush: Jayaruh 285
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Satsuma
    Stirling Orange Chill witch hazel
    PAA Star Jelly unscented
    AS: Stirling Satsuma
    [​IMG]

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My alphabetical jaunt through soaps and creams finally reached Stirling! Dunshire today for a wonderful shave and scent. Thanks to @jluc for letting me copy his alphabetical idea.

SOTD 2-5-19.jpg

19. Killerflyingbugs

Killerflyingbugs Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if nag champa is being discontinued of if it is just seasonal?

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have a feeling it's seasonal because I've seen it on the website more than once. But you could email Rod and ask to be sure.