The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It certainly looks good on paper :). I recall sniffing Chanel Bleu in a magazine....liked it.

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

35C87225-8CFD-4278-BF9E-998A6B656E4A.jpeg Was this ever BRRRRRRRRR-Cold and beautiful!

3. Paul Turner

Turns out I may as well have done your shave today-it was supposed to be warm...it ain't. (I didn't use a Stoylin, but I just wanted to say I know that cold feeling today!!).

ezlovan, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Uh, Ladies and Gentlemen: Due to "other conflicts" I will make my first nomination for the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards on Feb 11, as planned, but in the morning. I have some dogs to watch in the evening(Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, first night of finals-3 hours, will need some good coffee). Course the nomination announcement will be preceded by the Grand Opening Ceremony(nuthin much, just me making a speech).

5. Paul Turner

Here's my comment about Hipster(granted not having yet tried it). Doc Ezlovan has 9 scents mixed in....while they're all great scents, I worry about the saying "Too many cooks spoil the broth". That's what I discovered with my SummerBreak Soaps purchase of History 101(two bath soaps). I'll finish out the soaps(at my sink as hand soaps), but the many scents mixed in create something a little too "powerful" for me. I'm not sure I'd like the aftershave or shave soap. But that concern won't prevent me from a future Hipster purchase. I'll be anxious to see the reviews when they come in, both from members here and others. From Doc Ezlovan's wizardry with mixing in various scents, it just may end up as a winning choice in my den.

ezlovan, Shadow Shaver, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  6. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

To me Hipster just has Paul Turner written all over it. Just imagine, with 9 scents mixed in, the number of ladies that will be swooning in for a sniff when you are at the grocery store:)

7. Paul Turner

You been talkin to The Motorcycle Man From Kentucky again??? :). One thing I thought about after my post is that Sandpiper, too, has numerous scents, and look how THAT turned out..shot its way to my favorite sampler over Xecutive Man, Sharp Dressed Man, and Gentleman. And now I have the shave soap to match.

8. Paul Turner

On the subject of Hipster, when the Stoylin 2020 Tony Awards Board of Selectmen finished its Xecutive Sesssion meeting pertaining to the review of Hipster, just when they emerged, they went right back in for another Xecutive after reviewing the Deep Blue Sea description and the many reviews and comments that have come about. They should be all set by Monday for the Opening Round.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  9. john zeiger

Just havin a little fun Paul :) I hope you were in no way offended. By the way, who is the Motorcycle Man From Kentucky?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  10. Paul Turner

Oh no, I wasn't offended at all. The Motorcycle Man From Kentucky is @wristwatchb. He teases me all the time about the experience I had with a woman who did indeed give me a few "sniffs" in the supermarket on a Clubman day. That's why I mentioned himn, because I thought you might have pulled a "Charlie" on me :).

11. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! That's too funny Paul. Did she at least buy you dinner? Lol

12. Paul Turner

Well, now I am embarrassed to say what happened. I was looking in a different direction when she did this, and it was only after she walked away did I realize what was happening. We were both in a cashier line. I barely caught a glimpse of her. Shux.

13. john zeiger

Thank you Paul. I'm glad you weren't offended. You did mention your "supermarket incident" in this thread and that is why I used a reference to it in the above post. I had no idea @wristwatchb also teased you about it so there was no coordination.

14. Shadow Shaver

I don't know if it's destiny, but if I were you, I would find an excuse to hit that store every day.

15. Paul Turner

Hey you guys set me up for Doc Ezlovan to see this!!!! I'm sure he'll be "amused" :).

16. Paul Turner

Well, she saw me on my big-grocery day-Saturday. I came away from this thinking, Maybe she'll be back on another Saturday, now that she knows I'm there on Saturdays.

17. Paul Turner

Aaah, it's just one of those things that can happen in the supermarket, I suppose. But thanks for explaining.

18. Paul Turner

Well, it's very close to me, thus many times I do just that.

19. Shadow Shaver

If it winds up working out for you, I want an invite to the wedding! ;) If you had been wearing Stoylin that day, you would probably be on the hook for a Valentine's gift.

20. Paul Turner

Actually I WAS wearing Stoylin that day-I had the Barbershop soap to go with the Clubman A.S.