The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

No wonder then, poor lady didn't even have a chance!

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

You know, with the good Doc releasing more of the black Friday scents my wife is steamed. She keeps asking me where the White Linen is at. Good thing that I saved a couple bars to give to her. I'm glad that Stirling even has female selections, but I see her point of wanting more. I believe that I have created a monster!

3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, I'm glad to know we're working together to tease @Paul Turner. We learned over on the 30 Day Rule/Focus thread that Paul is a hot commodity with the ladies in Aisle 12 at The Piggly Wiggly. Rumor has it that he applies a triple splash of Clubman on grocery shopping days. :D

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, that was not a rumor that particular day in I'll 12. Course it was a rumor today, as I didn 't have it on. One outta two ain;t bad Charlie. Oh, right, I forgot about all other times....well, it's good that I forgot because I also forgot what days Doc Pinaud accompanied me to the store. :).

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Okay Andrew, it's your doing.

20190209_172252.jpg

But..... Deep Blue Sea is really nice.

Mountain Man, Island Man, Dunshire, Piacenza, Stirling for Him, Sandpiper, Tuscany, Executive Man are the favs around here (not necessarily in order). Sorry I couldn't stop at 5.

I CAN do the drive by on anything that reminds me of dirty hippie girls, bar rooms, licking the ashtrays, or dirt naps.

The beauty of Stirling, something for everyone!

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

So where does DBS for in your lineup? Going to get the matching soap?

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

7. Edison Carter

I'd say it is a keeper. Prolly in my top 10. Pretty sure that Stirling for Him is the top slot for me.

Nice recommendation!

8. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Charlie (wristwatchb), imagine what would happen to poor Paul in aisle 12 of the Piggly Wiggly if he applied a triple splash of Stoylin's Hipster with its 9 scents? I hope he doesn't try it as I don't want to lose him from this thread.

9. Paul Turner

Well, that's what I'm banking on with a soap that is multi-scented...Doc Ezlovan knows how to get 'em in concert with each other. John, I have to say this-I need to go back to the supermarket today-forgot a couple items from yesterday. We shall see what we shall see, right? :)

10. Paul Turner

Mtn. Man ruined me, but probably for a silly reason. I found out that Creed Silver Mtn. Water(or whatever the dupe name is), has been used by both sexes. At least Doc Ezlovan calls it Mtn. MAN. That's what I should keep reminding myself. .

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 10, 2019
    Alphabetical journey through soaps and creams
    Letter S

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Trac II compatible
    Razor: Surrey Trac II
    Brush: Surrey badger restored
    Soap: Stirling Haverford

Very nice shave with Haverford this morning. Interesting, strong scent. The aftershave when it first goes on reminds me of root beer, but it settles down into more of the pipe tobacco smell of the soap. Really terrific!

SOTD 2-10-19.jpg

12. Paul Turner

I bet Deep Blue See will become(if it hasn't already)a serious competitor to Stoylin Blu.

13. Paul Turner

I should clarify-it didn't "ruin me" to the point of passing up on it...just that description from the other forum.

14. Edison Carter

There is one on my list that is cleared by Doc Stirling as unisex, that is Tuscany. A gentle floral smell with a bit of a powder dry-down. Not for everyone, but my man card is secure and since it'll be 40 years with my high school sweetheart later this year, I don't worry too much about pheromones down at the supermarket too much.
    :cool:

15. Edison Carter

Deep Blue Sea probably does not beat Stirling Blu for me, but Stirling for Him surely does.

If Rod makes another batch of SfH I'm going to stock up a little.

16. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor

It's seasonal, but it won't be back until 2020. Just sold far too slow this year.

17. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    It was just a black Friday special. It'll likely make a return away some point in the future.

Yehuda D, john zeiger, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  18. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor
    :D:D:D:D

I think the real Kenneth might have his lawyers send me a letter for that name!

19. ezlovan

Supporting Vendor

Let her know I'm listening. We're revamping our entire women's line this year, starting with a scent testing bath soap sale in about two weeks. Mandy and I both know we've not done a great job in putting in the right amount of effort to increase our feminine offerings.

20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, I think we could all take a lesson from @Paul Turner. He's man enough to rock the Stoylin Triple Splash, even while shopping at The Pig. ;)

1.jpg 2.jpg