Your current top soap/cream

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BigMark83, Feb 9, 2019.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

It took me longer than I care to admit before I purchased a tub of Mike's Natural. I love Lavender, so a few weeks ago I took the plunge. This is by far the best soap i have tried, imo. I've been wet shaving for a few years now, but this stuff is great. There are no wrong answers, so what's your current favorite? Granted we all have differing opinions.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    wristwatchb and Hodge like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Top soap is always Williams. Top cream right now is probably Musgo Real. A friend from Portugal sent me a couple of tubes. Great stuff.

johnnyflake, BaylorGator and brit like this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Still Tabac after all those years. Reasonable price (at least in Germany), good skin care, frugal in use, excellent lather (provided you add enough water), and a classic scent.

Not my only soap by any means, but It's my overall number one. Granted, I don't experiment much in soaps so there's probably something better out there.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    johnnyflake and brit like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mike's, Tabac, and MdC, in that order, are my current favorites.

brit likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

top hard soap for me at present is pdp 63, top croap is ariana and evans asian plum, and top cream is the proraso wood and spice..of course this changes all the time..

johnnyflake likes this.
  6. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Grooming Dept. They are notably above all others IMHO.

brit likes this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

For "vintage" Williams all the way.
    For "new" Green Mountain Soap, once the pass around is done, I will finish off my supply and then order more.
    I could shave with just willWill and green Mountain for the rest of my life and be just fine.
    http://www.gmsoap.com

johnnyflake and brit like this.
  8. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

At this time, I have 4 that I am using and I truly love, all of them. In a tube, it's Pacific Caffeinated Shave Cream. This is amazing stuff to me. Dab a bullseye size droplet in you cup, wet your brush with hot water, shake it off and them whip up an amazingly thick creamy lather. It feels good too.

I am also very much into an Artisan, Queen Bee Creams, Bay Rum and Lumberjack. They both whip up quickly, into a very smooth lather. The last one that I am into right now is a Taylor OBS Sandalwood. This is simply amazing stuff.

As time goes by, I am sure that these will change, as I try out new ones, but for now, I could use only these for ever!

BigMark83 and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

i really like the pacific caffeinated shave cream. it really surprised me..simple and good..

johnnyflake likes this.