February 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2019.

?

What favorites will you be using this month?

1. My favorite DE other than a Fatboy!

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. My Fatboy - because it's AWESOME!!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Another adjustable - because it's almost as AWESOME as the Fatboy!

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. A straight razor or two or three - because the Dark Side and I are one!

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. SE razors - because they are the coolest and vintagiest of all the vintages!

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  6. Mostly cookies. Maybe some cake. And ice cream when I can get it!

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

HA!! That does not work for bloomers...good try though.

Terry, Hembree, Keithmax and 10 others like this.
  2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

February Favorites!!

February 10

Razor - 1959 (E4) Gillette Fatboy (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Stirling Executive Man
    Brush - Jayaruh #54
    Post - Alum

Another night with the Fatty and Rapira PL. Last night I picked up a blade that was open and wondered if I'd used it once at some point in a trial or something. After tonight's shave I decided yep - it had been used once before, or maybe twice. So I changed the number to "3" on it, still got a good shave and I'll move on tomorrow. It is a testament to the blade, though, that after being used, put back in a wrapper, then reused who knows how much later, that it did provide two nights of BBS shaves, even if tonight's wasn't the smoothest I've had. It certainly wasn't the worst either.

Stirling Executive Man with the JR54 provided the perfect lather and - after the shave - I grabbed my Mountain Man body lotion to fight some of the dry cold air around here lately. So I guess - by combining those scents - I'm having a Stirling Executive Mountain Man night.

My weekend has arrived! I have my monthly Dr. appointment tomorrow afternoon and will spend the rest of the two days working on some other official business. Hope you all had a great weekend!!

February 10 2019.jpg

Terry, Hembree, Keithmax and 14 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gillette New Improved Weber Bulldog Handle
    Shark Super Stainless
    Semogue BC Texugo
    CTAPT SC
    Superior 70 Bay Rum

It has been a few days since I shaved. Two passes for about as close of an irritation free shave as I could hope to have. The CTAPT (start) shaving cream was a treat. I still have two tubes left from trading with Dmitry (ASD) a number of years ago. The Shark SS blade performed better than I remember them. Overall, it was a fantastic shave to start the week... Enjoy your day.

FaceScraper, Terry, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is canadian williams?

Hembree, clint64, Norcalnewb and 8 others like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

As soon as I get someone to tell me what that word you used means I will have a come back for this.

mrchick, Hembree, Linuxguile and 9 others like this.
  6. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you. No there are beautiful mountains very close to me. Idaho is a gorgeous state.

Hembree, Keithmax, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

the williams sold here has a different box than the u.s.. 20190210_054034.jpg
    is this an earlier u.s box art type/design?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Terry, Hembree, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  8. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I'm not sure either Fuzzy. Just assume the worst and let him have it!! I need some entertainment tonight. :happy102:

Keithmax, clint64, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Your education in the ways of the Cartel is impressive. I personally love the Rapira Stainless though, yes, it is not the smoothest of the bunch. Quite sharp and effective, though. It's also the cheapest of the bunch which is a nice bonus. I think my stock is around 220 of those right now, or somewhere close. Enough to keep me from nervous trembling thinking I'm out of that particular one.

mrchick, Terry, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Interesting. I will have to look into that. My guess is that is for that market. I do not remember seeing it before on US soaps.

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lol. I will try to get around to that for you! Or just mention that Focus garbage plastic looking doodad. That works to turn the rant on.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

i saw a pic on the net calling it an original design .could be wrong ,just curious..a little williams history learned is always good..

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

February Favorites & a Fat Boy

Stirling Gentleman SS sample
    JR #130 Cypress & Sunrise knot
    Suribachi bowl and cool water
    1959 (E4) Gillette Fat Boy on 9
    Gillette Silver Blue blade
    Old Spice Leather AS & Cologne
    SOTD 02102019.gif Been a while since I dug out this sample of soap that Jared @PickledNorthern sent my way. One sniff and I knew the vintage Shulton would be my closer. Synthetic knots always deliver a decent lather, and I've sent all the Stirling samples that were of questionable scent on to others. Not that they were bad soaps, just not my sniffer style. This may have been my first ever use of a GSB. Had an unopened tuck so I pulled one out of the double wrapper - no glue spots for those that like that kind of thing. Got three nice passes, one tiny leaker near my lower lip, and a slight bad angle patch of irritation under my chin. Nice smooth finish so I can see why folks like these blades. Short shot of AS, just a little more of the cologne - almost got the two bottles at the same level. Way passed a CCS except for the technique fails.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

Terry, jtspartan, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool rick . i will say i want to get some of the leather and lime a/s in the future.as well as the original..i did have access to it in the eighties as my dad used it , but don t remember it.the soap maybe but not so much..

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Leather is sweeter than I expected, lots of orangey citrus and something woody. I lucked up on it at an estate sale at just too cheap. Haven't sniffed the Lime yet, but as I like regular OS, and now the Leather, I'm watching for Lime & Burley, too.

Maybe we can get Clint @clint64 to give his impressions or compare them to other products.

16. brit

brit in a box

that would be cool..

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20190211_003627.jpg
    Sunday shave
    Shick Canadian E2
    Personna blade(5)
    Burma shave brush
    Dickinson witch hazel
    Nivea balm
    TOBS Eton College
    Nice relaxing shave after getting the house back to normal. The party was a success and she was happy.
    Also Adam @Drygulch if you see this , it means the Eton College has gone to shave soap Vahalla. I will miss it as it was a pleasing scent but also lathered well and provided nice glide .
    See your all tomorrow for some menthol goodness.

Terry, Hembree, Linuxguile and 12 others like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

cool pic patrick..

Hembree, Linuxguile, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Joe .

Nice shave Neal , Enjoy your weekend .

Thats awesome Dale.

Pretty sure it's modern Williams boxed with old logo but has English and French printing on it eh.

Really cool pic Rick.

Hembree, Linuxguile, Keithmax and 9 others like this.
  20. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Gary

Linuxguile, clint64, PLAla and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.