What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks.. Beretta has a $75.00 rebate through the end of April on the APX which helps. Take care!

gorgo2 likes this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Went to the range, blew through three boxes, adjusted the laser. I know you can't focus on the sights and the target at the same time but I've got to see an eye doc, I'm having more trouble focusing on just the sights.

Very nice guy next to me let me shoot six out of his ancient .44 revolver. That was fun.

AGHisBBS, Hembree and Frijolero like this.
  3. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

Thought I would get through winter without snow or snow tires, but today the snow came. So impact gun, compressor, torque wrench, and nevr seize and the winter tires went on.

AGHisBBS, Hembree, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Cleaned the Ruger today. Just like people said, it's taken several hundred rounds to get pretty well broken in.

AGHisBBS, Hembree and Frijolero like this.
  5. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Took about 2 hours but I finally got the Ranger started. Hadn’t started it in about 4 months and we’ve had several single digit days over the last 2 months. The wife has been getting on me for not doing a recycling run since October. It took two trips to get it all. Truck drove great today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Hembree, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Went to a birthday party for my 4 year old nephew. There were only about 30 kids between the ages of 3-6 there, and it was at Chuck E Cheese. ( That's one of those places where you win 10,000) tickets and you can get an eraser)
    I only had 2 beers the entire time.
    I count that a success.

AGHisBBS, Erik Redd, BigMike and 4 others like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I count that as sainthood. :happy093::scared011::happy093::scared011::happy093::scared011::happy093::shocked029::happy093::scared011::happy093::scared011::happy093:

:eatdrink047:

AGHisBBS, Hembree, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I took the wife to see, and hear, George Winston, on Sunday.
    It was a sit down dinner, with the pianist about 20 feet from us. He is one of the best Contemporary Pianists around. If you enjoy the piano, i suggest seeing him, while he can still play. The couple next to us drove 5 hrs, to see him. His music it is well worth it. Lucky for us, we were only 35 minutes away.

AGHisBBS, brit, Hembree and 2 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

Chuck E Cheese. I had to take my three kids untold times, over 21 years. I hate that place. Loud, noisy, dirty, and usually located in the crappy parts of town, so you risk the chance of being mugged, or your car broken into. But, you do what you have to do.

AGHisBBS, BaylorGator, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

sleep ,eat , relax , repeat..

Hembree and Frijolero like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I have some of his old CDs, "Winter," etc. Enjoyable music.

brit, DaltonGang and Hembree like this.
  12. DaltonGang

I hunted down a dead rat, in my garage. It died several days ago, but the weather, and work, kept me from finding it. Today, on my day off, I sniffed out the approx area where it was, and moved a lot of things to get to it. First rat found, this winter. They like to come out of the cold and nest. I will bait the garage every winter, and get 4-5. One summer, it was really bad, and between the rat traps and the bait, I killed over 25. Living in a wooded subdivision lends itself to this problem.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    brit, AGHisBBS, gorgo2 and 2 others like this.
  13. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

Got home from work this morning and drank some beer.

14. brit

brit in a box

a few tasks around the house while i am off ..

Frijolero, AGHisBBS and Hembree like this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I took chocolates home for my three ladies :)

brit, Enrico, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  16. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Same story for me. I shoveled snow 3 times this week and today it will have to be done twice. So 4 times this week and it's windy so probably again in the morning too. Went to the travel agent today. Florida sounds good for about a week.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I fixed a loose poster frame with painter’s tape (which I always have in my archery bag.)

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got to use a wire-cutter, pliers, caliper & drill, all before 7 AM. I built a thread stand for my sewing machine, out of a wood block & a wire hanger.

To explain, thread can be bought on oversized spools called thread cones. They are more economical, but don’t fit on a lot of home sewing machines. The thread stand enables you to use them in spite of this.
    Just for fun, I painted it.
    43860EA9-A6B9-49F7-8C0E-F1D9FC90EBE1.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  19. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  20. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Started replacing the fan pulley bracket in my Toyota Sequoia. This is a real fiddly PITA job to do. The part takes about 20 min to swap and about three hours worth of taking stuff off the truck.