Cella ?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Leclec13, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

i’ve been Looking at cella

One I would consider a traditional “hard- ish” soap supplied as large block. the other a Croap (soap/cream) seen in tubs

Which one is every one raving about? Are they Similar?

Does the hard soap come in a tub or is that the cream/ croap only?

Is the hard soap only available from/as 1 kilo block?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Cella is not a hard (triple milled) soap. It comes in a tub and in a 1kg block. Not sure if it is EXACTLY the same product. The 1kg can be divided and pressed into an after market container. (I prefer the 1kg product). I suggest splitting it with a couple of friends.

MacDaDad, Leclec13, Keithmax and 4 others like this.
  3. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I seem to recall hearing that Cella says that they are the same formula. But people who used both say that the tub is softer.
    There is a guy on ebay that sells 100g blocks from the 1kg block.

4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've tried Cella though I'm not sure if it came from a tub or block. If you like that almond / marzipan scent and want to get it in a hard puck look into Klar. Their almond is quintuple milled making it very dense. It's not animal tallow based, but it does give at slick, strong scented lather.

Leclec13, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  5. Rob206

Rob206 Well-Known Member

I have a tub of the cream. Its definitely softer then soaps I've tried. (Proaso and Stirling). Only used it once and I think I like it. Jury is still out if I'd reorder once it's gone. I'll need to use it more to know.

6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Love Klar soap

7. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

The Cella block and tub are close enough to the same thing that I can't tell a difference. They're both quite soft. You can easily pinch off a bit of the block and press it into a container. It's a very nice and inexpensive soap. I love the marzipan scent. If you're not into amassing a large collection of different soaps and just want to shave cheap for a couple years, the 1kg block isn't a bad way to go. If you just want to try it first, maybe get a tub.

Leclec13, brit, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. Leclec13

I have a sample incoming

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If you buy the 1kg block, freeze what you don't use. Cella is one of the few soaps that will go rancid over time.

10. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the shave qualities of Cella but not the scent.

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Cella is a very good soap, and the 1kg block can be had for a very good price. Like @PLANofMAN said, freeze what you dont need initially. I thought about buying a large block, divide it into usable portions, then vacuum pack the portions, and freeze them.

brit, oscar11 and Leclec13 like this.
  12. Leclec13

Cella came in today
    A bit softer than Arko
    Did a test run with the cella sample
    I like it, skin feels great
    I like the nose, even trying I can’t find anything offensive smelling
    No nonsense easy foaming unlike the finicky fancy soaps
    I went with a low volume, slick application

vacuum pack and freeze is a smart idea!

I would order some more but I’m already having issues storing what I have, an very little room in freezer.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    DaltonGang, brit, oscar11 and 3 others like this.
  13. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I started my 3rd kilo of Cella. It lasts me a little over 2 years. I keep the block in my refrigerator cutting off a piece as needed . keeping it tightly wrapped in it's original wrapper in a zip lock bag, not a problem spoiling. At $37.00 per kilo that = to about $1.55 per month if used exclusively. I've started using 2 other soaps, so my Cella will last allot longer. I love Cella, gives me a long lasting, hydrating, slick lather and love the almond aroma.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cella is a good soap. I used up one tub and bought another. I gave one away to a new shaver, too.

Leclec13 and Frijolero like this.
  15. Leclec13

my sample was cut from a kilo block
    can anyone confirm it is the same as what comes in a tub?

Frijolero likes this.
  16. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

A Ikg block would take me a long time to go through...and I think I would only go for the tub size, is there ever a concern the 1kg block could dry out or break down into a gluey sludge ?

Robert.

Frijolero likes this.
  17. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

Some say a cella may turn bad if left out for long periods of time, I'm on my third kilo and it has stayed fresh for years I keep my kilo in the refrigerator in zip lock bag, I just cut off a piece to last about a month, re-wrap and return to fridge. the last piece still has that almond- cherry scent