February 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2019.

?

What favorites will you be using this month?

1. My favorite DE other than a Fatboy!

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. My Fatboy - because it's AWESOME!!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Another adjustable - because it's almost as AWESOME as the Fatboy!

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. A straight razor or two or three - because the Dark Side and I are one!

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. SE razors - because they are the coolest and vintagiest of all the vintages!

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  6. Mostly cookies. Maybe some cake. And ice cream when I can get it!

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

it did feel nice, thank you sir..

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Pardon the Shavette Fu, it has been a bit since I could check in:
    Another very nice shot, Jim. I have personally avoided Wholly Kaw as I am worried about yet another rabbit hole...
    Sounds like the PAL is getting dialed in already, Perry. I wonder how closely the Supply Injector matches the PAL Adjustable. They certainly look similar.
    I got some Spoilers from Andrew last year, Jim, and found them a good blade as well. I don't pursue them as some others do, but I was very glad to get to try them.
    Great description, Joseph! Love the ribbing on that M&F as well.
    Sounds like a great start to the day, Clint. Love the black and white as well.
    That Weber looks like it was made for that GEM, Danny. Very nice.
    Gentleman was the same way when I first got it, Andrew. Overpowering scent. Maybe it is the Vanilla or Tobacco EOs that Rod uses.
    Great looking combo, Robert. H et V is another one I've avoided, as I'm sure I'd buy 4 tubs 'toute suite'.
    Stunning shot, Doug. I hear you on not changing gear. I can handle the same razor for a chunk of time, but still want to change the software up all the time.
    Beautiful shot!
    As I recall from living on the coast, Gary, a few inches of snow throws Vancouver into chaos.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, Terry and 12 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

yes sir it does. hills are the worst and new west has a few good ones..a day or 2 off is ok though, not many travel to get their cars fixed in this weather..thank you jason..

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks. I know what you mean about the pottery bowls. I love my salsa bowl and it is my main go to bowl but I wish I could find a plastic bowl shaped like it but a little larger. I love the hemispherical shape and the rough texture of the salsa bowl.

wristwatchb, Terry, Frijolero and 9 others like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks Jason.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I am surprised that you are having trouble with your results. I am assuming that you are using a VDH TTO safety razor. Usually, safety razors will give smooth shaves with very little chance of losing blood once you got it nailed down. My questions to you are these: Are you stretching the skin opposite the direction of your stroke? Are you prepping your beard properly? Is your angle correct? Are you putting too much pressure on the razor? Any one of these factors can ruin your shave with cuts, nicks, irritations, etc. if they are not adhered properly.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, Terry and 10 others like this.
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.
    Wholly Kaw is great stuff as far as shave performance. I wouldn't mind adding more scents but doing this EDSIO has really brought to my attention how many soaps I actually have. Pretty crazy to be honest. I started December 1st without repeating a soap and I still have a few days to go before I'm done.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific setup and photo, Jason!

Thanks, Jason! You may have a point about the Supply being a similar angle to the PAL. I treated them all like the angle of a Schick but that apparently doesn't work quite as well. More experimentation needed. The PAL is up again tomorrow. Might go with it all week.

9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

The razor is mild so I don't normally get any nicks or cuts unless I apply too much pressure. I only tried stretching ATG pulling upwards. If I wasn't putzing around with technique I could normally shave this razor and any blade combo on autopilot half asleep without a care and get good results.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 8 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It's not bad, it just packs a punch!

11. Trigger

I own a VDH razor and it is on the mild side. I realize that everyone's beard growth is different, however, ATG shaving on the cheek, you stretch it downward as you shave upwards going to top of ear level. What you stated is quite the opposite and that is what could be causing your problem. Like I stated earlier, you need to stretch your skin in the opposite direction of the razor's direction.

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Good shave Robert.

Nice pic Doug.

Awesome report Joe.

Very nice setup Jason

Nice and simple Gary. I approve .

13. brit

brit in a box

thank you Patrick..

14. Trigger

Thanks Patrick! It was one of the rare times that I was so in the zone with this shave. When I straight shave, I am always focused, but today I was on another level that I have never been before. I hope I can arrive at that place more often.

wristwatchb, Keithmax, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I will give it a try, So I need to stretch up on a down stroke and vise versa then.

16. Trigger

Exactly! You will find that your shave will be so much better. Let us know how it turns out. Also, if you do XTG on your cheek, stretch your cheek toward your ear as you move your blade toward your nose.

17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank you Andrew.

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

That's what I find difficult myself Jason.

19. brit

brit in a box

lovely set up and pic sir..

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thank very much Gary. :happy088:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.