SOS: February 2019

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Thank you, Gary...for now, mos def!

2. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Tuesday
    February 12, 2019

Karve "E" Plate
    Gillette Platinum
    Dorian Crafts Two Band
    Asylum Saponificio Varesino Colonia
    Fine Italian Citrus
    ADP Colonia Essenza

[​IMG]

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Beautiful face and head shave with the RazoRock Game Changer, the RazoRock 400 is wonderful.
    Caties Bubbles The Royal Garden always makes the shave better
    I did something I normally don't do, I added a lot of water in my bowl to see how much CB could take, much like the many great soaps we have now they can handle whatever you throw at them. I was surprised by the amount of lather I had, I'm a very lazy latherer. :)
    IMG_20190211_141142-2016x1512.jpg

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It'll get done, but I'll need to take time figuring it out.

Boru62, ilts, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  5. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

SOTN 2/11/19

Pre-shave
    : Musgo Real Glyce oil soap.
    Soap: Summer Break Soaps, Brain Break.
    Aftershave: Alum, Brain Break splash, followed by some Nivea sensitive skin cooling balm.
    Razor: Rockwell 6S (4), Astra SP.
    Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24mm.
    Bowl: Fine Accoutrements lather bowl.

20190211_170132[1].jpg 20190211_175157[1].jpg

Some new items for this nights shave. First time using Summer Break soaps and the performance was excellent. Lather had plenty of slickness, glide, and cushion. I also received their 'Back to School' scent ,which I'll try out next shave. Also, this is my first time using the Fine lather bowl, and it's really really good. I used to face lather when I began wet-shaving, but found it more enjoyable to build a lather in a bowl, and this is a nice upgrade from the regular soup bowl I was using previously.
    Shave came out BBS and couldn't have asked for anything to have been better. As of late, all my shaves have been BBS with very little to no irritation :bounce017:(Started DE shaving last April), guess I've finally hit that sweet spot with my technique. I recommended checking out this soap artisan, since I don't see too many posts about them on here.
    :signs068:

6. brit

brit in a box

very nice set up and pics ..glad you are enjoying your shaves..

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 12, 2019
    Supply SE V2 - 2 dot plate
    Schick Proline
    Paladin
    Stirling R4L Soap and
    Aftershave

[​IMG]

8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

RR Gamechanger .84-P & Kai SS
    Semogue SOC Boar
    RR Emperor Tallow
    Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
    RR Emperor a/s splash
    8FB669E5-9339-4DE3-92A4-A31BE0F364CB.jpeg
    A very comfortable and relaxing shave. The new RR Emperor Tallow based soap is actually a decent performer and the scent is pretty darn good too. Have a great evening and great shaves all.... :)

9. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

TUESDAY'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Razor - OneBlade Genesis V2
    Blade - [​IMG] *2nd Shave
    Shave Brush - Everyman Jack Synthetic
    Shave Soap - WSP Rustic Vegan Formula - Black Pepper
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood's "Unscented"
    Aftershave Splash - The Shave Den Mentholated Witch Hazel (Unscented) *discontinued :(
    Post-Shave Balm - Advanced Clinicals Anti-aging Hyaluronic Acid Cream
    Fragrance - Lalique - Noir Premier Series - Fleur Universelle "1900" EDP

10. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Mail call action...new stick, new soap.
    Rex Ambassador / Gillette Platinum Super Thin Thai / Grizzly Bay Thanos / Boellis Panama 1924
    [​IMG]
    Well, some nice firsts tonight. I'd been holding out for the next batch of Rocnel Sailors, love the styling of the thing, but as I read more the one criticism of it was a bit of a higher cap profile, my one grumble about the Pils; so I decided to jump in on this round of Ambassadors. My first go with an adjustable DE, chose my favorite blade, started WTG on 2 then jumped up to 4 for the 2nd pass ATG, easily the best shave I've gotten out of these blades, and my RR GC .84 is a hard one to beat. I appreciate I'm unable to trade out handles with the design but what a great tool, and the aesthetic is pleasing enough and very functional. Now onto the soap, I can see why folks enjoy it, I find it similar to the well regarded ABC, in scent and performance, albeit 1924 is even softer, and is in an unconventional brick format; but it does smell stronger than ABC raw. After use I'd say they are both equally lacking any manner of 'cling', I'd give a slight nod to ABC for lathering and that's splitting hairs, I feel both are very similar and great performers, choice I'd say comes down to ease of attainability.

11. novicz

novicz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mickey Lee soapworks, Wolfman razor -Guerrilla, Semogue 620 shaving brash, Gillette nacet stainless, Cosmia men aftershave

12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

February Favorites!!

February 11

Razor - Fatip Piccolo
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Stirling Orange Chill
    Brush - Jayaruh #230
    Post - Alum

Welcome to Menthol Monday. I grabbed the Stirling Orange Chill to add the menthol in, and the Fatip with a Voskhod for a nice agressive, yet smooth as silk, shave. The JR230 is a smaller brush but makes lather like it's a brute. Plenty to go around with lots left over, and the orange scent is quite nice, especially when paired with a little menthol kick. Three passes, the baby is in the house and probably was after the second pass, the alum is quiet and all's well in the Lou. Great day off shave and a great way to start off another week. Hope your Monday was great!

[​IMG]

13. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Monday SOTN

My homemade preshave oil was running out so I was looking online to see what to replace it with it to reorder my ingredients, when I stumbled onto the PAA Cube. I waited to shave till this evening because it was being delivered today... Incredible soap! The initial slickness was crazy... And just the right amount of menthol.

Otherwise, I face lathered with the La Toja for a nice, slick and comfortable shave with my Canadian Tech. I think the Cube is going to take my future shaves to the next level. Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

BTW - I recently found a replated British FBT on an auction site for a great price and am eager to compare it to my Canadian Tech. Can't wait till it arrives!

Josh[​IMG] Screenshot_20190211_234512_com.ebay.mobile.jpeg

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

14. brit

brit in a box

nice pic and set up..

clint64 likes this.
  15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Tabac Tuesday
    [​IMG]

Gillette fatboy razor
    Vie-Long horse hair brush
    Tabac shaving soap
    Body Shop Arber aftershave balm
    Tabac edc

16. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Razor: Unmarked
    Brush: Simpson KH3 w/25mm TGN Best Badger
    Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
    A/S: Razorock XXX
    1373E961-9BF4-4606-9699-D21E0F744419.jpeg
    Enjoy your shave.
    Tom

17. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 12 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
    Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
    Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
    Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #9
    Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
    Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

It's been 12 days straight using the Arko shaving soap and it's making my skin slightly drier throughout the night, which isn't too bad in the summer season as I said before we'll always sweat sooner or later so it doesn't dry out soon. However, I'm starting to get bored using the same soap of Arko, over and over for 12 days straight is about to rip my bloody hair out, I've only got 16 more days to go and I don't think I'll be able to keep going

18. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 02/12/19

Gem Featherweight
    Gem Personna (11)
    VDH Boar
    VDH Luxury SS
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Gillette Cool Wave A/S

Have A Great Day ! DSCF3357.JPG

19. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

SOTD 20190212.

[​IMG]

J&T® purperhart / Hebei Oumo synth.
    Oatcake "Lavender Melt" shaving soap.
    Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
    Kai Stainless (2).
    Novaya Zarya "Russian Lavender" EdC.

20. brit

brit in a box

nice pic sir..

clint64 and madmedic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.