Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 12, 2019
    Alphabetical journey through soaps and creams
    Letter S

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: JR #142 black badger
    Soap: Stirling Piacenza

Another improved shave with the PAL Adjustable. I turned the setting down one notch above L. Couldn't tell much difference from the middle notch. Nice shave in the end. Have a great day!

SOTD 2-12-19.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Wash
    Tabac Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #353
    Damaskeene 1912
    Gem Damaskeene SE
    CWR
    Tabac AS

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Tabac Shaving Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #353 Badger/Boar brush. I did two passes with the Damaskeene 1912 razor with a Gem Damaskeene SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    jimjo1031, MPF9, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  3. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Gem MMOC
    Gem PTFE IMG_20190212_152413.jpg

Tabac, a Micromatic and a soft boar brush, anything else is just window dressing.

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February 12th
    [​IMG]

EDRIO#20 Schick E2
    Personna
    Yaqi Red Marble Tuxedo (28mm, Destroyer Class)
    Cella of Hagen Street :sick013:
    Stirling Noir PSB

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

clint64, Hodge and PLAla like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

clint64 and william beer like this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Brit.

Boru62, brit and clint64 like this.
  8. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix Shaving | Dixie
    Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

Well, I was born in Texas City and raised in Bois d'Arc, Texas, and have been told more than once that I'm as "country as a turnip green", so a shave set called "Dixie" should probably be in my arsenal. Phoenix Shaving's revival of Dixie in the superb CK-6 soap base came at a great time as we're experiencing the huge temperature swings typical of February in Texas. My inaugural use of Dixie happened on a warm-ish sunny day, and it was a true delight.

Dixie is one of the lightest fragrances I've experienced from Phoenix Shaving. I'm certain this is by-design to convey some of the scents of the region in a gentlemanly fashion. For starters, I love magnolia, but it's not typically something I would wear. In the case of Dixie, the magnolia note was surprisingly muted if not supplanted by a prominent herbal note, thereby making the opening far less floral than I'd anticipated. While I'm a night shaver by default, I often sling a little splash in the mornings before work, especially when evaluating a fragrance for the first time. In the truck on the way to work this morning I caught a peculiar but fleeting grape Nehi fragrance. I didn't note this in the soap this evening, but the splash again this evening provided the same fleeting fake grape note. After a little investigation, I discovered this must be the Kudzu among the documented notes. I admit I'm not familiar with Kudzu (or at least I don't know it by name). When I brought it up to my wife, she immediately knew what I was referring to. She's a biologist and worked for Texas Parks and Wildlife for a number of years including the role as curator of a popular local fish hatchery. She explained that Kudzu is an infiltrative non-native nuisance plant that was brought here to the South as a ground cover. Often called "The Vine That Ate The South", it resulted in an old timers' colloquialism, "it took off like cut-zoo" when describing something that spreads rapidly.

But I digress, and you didn't come here for the long-winded musings of one Matt Hilton---or did you? Once the herbal floral abates, Dixie acquires a more earthy green accord with very faint uncured tobacco. Overall, this is a fresh and airy fragrance that will likely work best in the warmer months.

The art, as expected from Phoenix Shaving, is on point. However, I seem to have gotten one of the labels that I thought were a trial. While they have a matte finish, the dark colors scuff very easily. While not evident in my outdoors photo, mine arrived in less-than-presentable condition (at least by my standards). It's an easy remedy, though. While Douglas is seemingly omnipresent, when it comes to the rare order issue, using the site's contact form opens a direct portal to Fran, and she fixes everything. Within minutes, she assures me a new label is en route. Now, that's customer service!

Droo78, jimjo1031, BigD and 10 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 12, 2019
    Supply SE V2 - 2 dot plate
    Schick Proline
    SOC Mistura
    Oleo Shiloh Soap
    And Aftershave

[​IMG]

10. brit

brit in a box

cool review , set up and pic..

clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  11. PLAla

Wonderful and entertaining review, Matt! The photo is, of course, top notch.

clint64, brit and 120inna55 like this.
  12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you!

"Do I amuse you?" ;)

clint64, PLAla, Boru62 and 2 others like this.
  13. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 13th Feb - Williams Wednesday

Omega 11126 boar
    Williams Mug soap
    PAL Injecto-Matic
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

I have had a follow up shave to yesterday`s , but this time the PAL Injecto-Matic was loaded with a Schick Proline AC Blade rather than a standard Injector one. I think there was slightly more blade feel, but there was not a huge difference in the way the Razors performed. I again had no problems getting a Shave with a top quality finish. However, the cost of a Proline blade works out a lot cheaper than Schick Standard Injector blades. If you have not already tried them out they are worth a go.

IMG_0366.jpg

jimjo1031, brit, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Wash
    Williams Mug Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #353
    Damaskeene 1912
    Gem Damaskeene SE
    CWR
    Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shaving Soap face lathered well with the Jayaruh #353 Badger/Boar brush. I did two passes with the Damaskeene 1912 razor with a Gem Damaskeene SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Dove Men+Care Post Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, clint64, Boru62 and 7 others like this.
  15. PLAla

SOTD February 13, 2019
    Alphabetical journey through soaps and creams
    Letter S

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Sandpiper

Continuing with the PAL Adjustable. Moved it down to setting L and got a nice shave. I'm continuing to experiment with the angle and it's certainly different than a Schick injector. It's been fun trying to rein this one in. I'm going to change the setting to the fourth notch (close to H) for tomorrow's shave. Have a great day!

SOTD 2-13-19.jpg

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 8 others like this.
  16. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

02/13/2019

RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Halleluiah Pottery Shaving Bowl 1995
    Williams Mug Soap
    CVS SE Blade – 1st Shave
    Gem Feather Weight Razor
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

Second shave with the Feather Weight this morning. Dampened the RazoRock brush and swirled a little Williams on the bristles and then created some great Williams lather in the Halleluiah Pottery shaving bowl.

Nice comfortable shave with just a hint of alum. I completed two passes and cleaned up a few areas on the neck. The Feather Weight is a great little razor and probably does not get the attention it deserves.

Finished up with some Nivea and Clubman classic.

A Feather Weight, Williams and Pinaud Clubman Classic is the old school combo that never goes out of style.

Y'all take care and have a great hump day!

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February 13th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    EDRIO #21 PAL Adjustable
    A Blade of unknown properties
    Paladin Winston (26mm, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Hipster soap and AS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented PSB

jimjo1031, MPF9, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  18. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

It's Williams Wednesday!!!

Schick G4/Route 66 razor
    Personna 74 blade (day 6)
    Williams Mug Soap (modern)
    FS/WD Boar brush
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    M&L Florida Water cologne w/added menthol

Couldn't pass up a Williams Wednesday, I'll get back to the Shave of the Week tomorrow. The FS/WD boar brush whipped up a terrific Williams lather which, paired with the G4/74 combo, gave a great shave. My face is very happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, brit and 7 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thanks for the review. Being from Alabama I will put this on the list for a future purchase. I was joking a while back on the 30DC and said that we need a Kudzu scented shave soap for us Southern boys. This may be as close as we get.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

william beer, jimjo1031, brit and 5 others like this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

February 14, 2019

Supply Injector V1 2 Dot
    Personna 74
    Doug Korn Taca Shavemac D01 Two Band
    Asylum SDM Tempete
    CRSW Lavish AS

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.