Is this a Saito?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Keithmax, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I bought this at substantial less than what most Saito's go for. Once I got over the exuberance of the price I looked closer and while it is marked SK 3 it does not have any of the Saito's marks....:think002:

ID - 1.jpg ID - 2.jpg

2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I hope so, Keith. Nice razor.

Frijolero and Keithmax like this.
  3. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Nice find. I can’t answer your question but like the razor.

Frijolero and Keithmax like this.
  4. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Looks like it, to me. But, the ang!e of the photo makes it look like it is a cut down, "Shorty". I hope I am wrong.

Frijolero, Edison Carter and Keithmax like this.
  5. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Pretty sure that it is, and nice find, it should clean up well. Saito made the same smiling razors for other companies too, and they were not all marked the same. Kikuboshi sold them too IIRC.

Cheers, Steve

6. Keithmax

it shorter than the android size western razor but is about the same length as some of my J West razors.

I’ve never seen one in real life so I can only compare them to pictures. It seemed odd there are no other markings.

Frijolero, Edison Carter and oscar11 like this.
  7. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Looks authentic to me. I have seen a few threads that have shown SK models with no other stampings.
    Congrats on your purchase Keith!

8. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

One more detail... if I am reading the reflection right, it looks like the bellied hollow grind that I believe is pretty consistent with these.

9. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Gorgeous razor with little to no apparent wear judging by the pictures. Sweet find!

Frijolero, Keithmax and Edison Carter like this.
  10. Keithmax

Thank you, everyone, for the input. It was advertised as shave ready but..... it is not. I will try to hone the next time I break out the stones.