Cella - Something Special

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Redrock, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Cella is a superb soap at a budget price - hard to beat.

Tedolph, bayercy, Rob206 and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i dont use cella or the rr p160 very often as they don t pair with any scents i use.i am on that kick lately...nice scent though and they lather well...

3. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Another soap which lathers, shaves and smells like Cella but which is vegetable: La Saponeria Artigiana Mandorla: sapona da barba vegetale alla mandorla. Excellent soap. I had a sample of 250 grams (about 8.8 oz or 0.55 lb) and put it in a glass jar. I used it over time until about half way. And then the glass jar fell... :angry017:

It is also available in portions of 1 kg (35 oz / 2.2 lb). :D

brit and Linuxguile like this.
  4. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I've been using Cella a couple of weeks now. Outstanding soap! As I pair down my rotation of soaps, Cella will remain, no doubt. Haven't tried the AS, will have to get some.

Tedolph, bayercy, Rob206 and 5 others like this.
  5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

What is this pairing down you speak of.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

brit and dmshaver like this.
  6. dmshaver

Yes, I know, sounds like a foreign language doesn’t it? I’ve been trying many soaps, some I won’t be keeping. Cella I will always keep. No, I’m not scaling back to two or three soaps though. So don’t worry, I’m not that sick! LOL!

7. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

I love the almond sent. And great price. I only tried 2 Italian brands proraso and Cella love them both.

bayercy, Redrock, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. KUSTOM

KUSTOM Well-Known Member

Cella works great- top 5 performer even. But the scent is pretty blah. I also think my tub is starting to break down after a year and a half-ish? It seems "not so fresh" anymore. Anyone else have this issue?

bayercy, Rob206 and Redrock like this.
  9. dmshaver

I don't have that problem with the scent, my tub is only 6 months old. I also have a chunk a member cut from his kilo, I'm getting ready to try that out in a tub. I hear that is a better performer than the Cella in the tub.

Redrock, brit and macaronus like this.
  10. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

Though I had read through this thread before, I just had an idea the other day that brought me back here. I, too, just love the extra "something" there is about Cella. I have a ton of aftershaves and also could never find just the right pairing. Aha...found a sample I'd forgotten of Stirling's Black Cherry AS. Match made in Heaven and problem solved.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

There's something in Cella that makes my face itch. Vitos Red, also an almond scented soap, didn't have that issue for me. But I got tired of the almond scent rather quickly.

12. brit

brit in a box

awesome stuff..like the cella scent and its great performance..

bayercy, Rob206, Redrock and 2 others like this.
  13. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I agree it's a very good soap but I can't deal with the scent on a regular basis.

14. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Roger that. It is a really good soap but the scent just gets to me, in a bad way, after a few uses.

Is there another Italian soap that offers the same performance but a different scent?? Inquiring minds want to know.

15. brit

brit in a box

i like the tfs soaps at italian barber..

16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Yes, I am a fan of the TFS soaps as well! Barbiere di Figaro also have their own line of soft soaps, which are made by TFS as well, and which are very good.

brit, Redrock and Frijolero like this.
  17. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I always thought it smelled kind of mello, but then again, I'm a former smoker and my sniffer has never fully recovered.

Kevin

18. brit

brit in a box

i really like the neroli and the crazy sandalwood..i also like the saponificio bignoli creams ,really nice..

19. Tallships

Tallships Well-Known Member

I guess I do like it. I'm only working on my third kilo

Tedolph, Redrock, CrustyCat and 2 others like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

did a one pass touch up shave tonight with the cella ,didn't bother to post but,great slick lather..it is nice stuff,