The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you, John!

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I may lean towards DBS, due to my health concern. But I haven't yet contacted my neurologist.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD February 14th
    [​IMG]

EDRIO #22 Schick "Ladies Fashion Razor" Type H "The Hussy"
    Personna (2)
    JR #352 (30mm, Cruiser Class)
    Stirling Hot Apple Cider soap
    Stirling Bay Rum PSB

brit, ezlovan, Frijolero and 6 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD February 14, 2019
    Alphabetical journey through soaps and creams
    Letter S

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Brush: JR #60 synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Wonderful shave with Sharp Dressed Man this morning. I'm thankful that I can tolerate this scent. I know there is some ingredient that bothers a small population but I seem to be safe. What a classic, nice scent. Really enjoyable.

SOTD 2-14-19.jpg

brit, jtspartan, ezlovan and 7 others like this.
  5. Paul Turner

If it's good enough for Redford and Eastwood, it's good enough for you!! :). But to be serious, thanks for bringing up the ingredient issue....when I had a SDM sampler,. I don't recall being bothered by anything, but I have respect, of course, for those who are. In that set of samplers I had, my only real emotion was "Wow, Sandpiper's my man!!". But SDM was nice...maybe I'll bundle it in with another set of samplers.

ezlovan, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 5 others like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

EF527145-524A-47FA-9D86-E53B9BAB8936.jpeg Lemony-scented icicles in my face for tomorrow morning:

brit, john zeiger, ezlovan and 6 others like this.
  7. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

You have impeccable taste my friend. SDM has such an amazing aroma and I too am glad that it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Sometimes I do wish that it was stronger, but I understand that that might be more harmful to some.

My beautiful sweetheart got me the AS for Deep Blue Sea and some Baker Street bath soaps. She always knows exactly what I like. Stirling added a Queen of Hearts bath sample. Wow! I don't know when this is coming out but fellas, get it for every female in your life! Excellent, light perfume scent that is just lovely. (Really sets the pheromones on full blast) lol IMHO, Rod and Mandy have hit another homerun.

8. PLAla

Thank you! Congrats on your new soaps! The Queen of Hearts isn't one I'm familiar with.

9. Shadow Shaver

Thank You Sir. I looked on the website earlier and couldn't find Queen of Hearts anywhere. I wonder if it's one of the scents that Doc was talking about to come out in a couple weeks. My wife keeps sniffing the bar. I'm definitely on the hook to get that one for her! Lol

10. Paul Turner

I think I'll go for a glacial AFTERSHAVE next time.

11. Shadow Shaver

IMG_2236.jpg

Delightful shaving experience with Deep Blue Sea today. Smelled so great that my little guys immediately asked if they could use it. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the time spent together and wonderful scent.

I know that you fellas might be tired of hearing about female scents, but my wife used that Queen of Hearts bath sample. AH-MAZ-ZING!!! She's not sure if she likes it more than White Linen, but she loves both of those scents more than Almost Heaven and Red Delicious. That is saying a mouthful for her... she keeps backup stock of both Almost Heaven and RD. Happy shaving all!

12. Shadow Shaver

I apologize, but I forgot to mention that that beautiful Grizzly leather dopp bag was an additional gift from my wife on Valentine's Day. I've had my eye on it for quite some time and it too smells wonderful. I wish Stirling would acquire TSDs Russian Leather formula. I could do with a name change though! Lol Of course the Stirling upgrade would be the real ticket!

13. brit

brit in a box

want to try the haverford on the next stirling order..

14. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I'm going to try a sample of this myself. Hopefully the deodorants will be coming back soon and I can put the sample on that order.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

15. Paul Turner

I'd like to see a Russian Leather formula muhself....I'm very low on the TSD Russian Leather AS. Would be something indeed to get that AND the soap together.

16. Paul Turner

Next week, I'll be busy with Stoylin products(Most of the week, anyway).

17. Paul Turner

Haven't seen you list Snake Bite for a long time.

ezlovan, john zeiger, brit and 5 others like this.
  18. PLAla

Past two shaves. Scots Pine Sheep and Weekend in Malibu both worked really well as expected. Not sure these are scents I would get a full tub of but I enjoy the samples.

SOTD 2-17-19.jpg

19. Paul Turner

Huge burn from the Spice, although it calms down after a while. Great scent, as expected.

20. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

D57041AC-BC02-4C7E-8E63-865C27C2957E.jpeg The time has come to revisit this lovely soap!

BTW, there’s a Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap in the blue container!