Barbasol Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bama Samurai, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You Killing Me Ovah Hee Yah!! Lmao!

But I also agree...I think I'll just toss a can of Pacific Rush Menthol in my cart, each time I go to Safeway...just to be safe...

Til it's discontinued or til I am...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ilts likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Thanks for bringing me up to speed on what the caffiene does

And I'm with you on all counts....I was really bummed when they dis'ed the Arctic Chill...but I do like the Rush better! This Pacific Rush is my favorite...maybe ever canned cream! (at least has that kinda thing going on)...It's that good!

ilts and brit like this.
  3. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I really like Barbasol and I use it all the time, but the one thing that I hate about ALL canned shaving creams is that sometimes when you are trying to get some out for a shave, it just starts sputtering like it is empty, and nothing else will come out except a little air. But it still feels like it is half full. This just happened to me the other day when I was trying to shave before work. Kind of annoying, but I had another can near by.:angry019:

Ijustmissedthe50s and ilts like this.
  4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Im on a bit of a Barbasol buying spree lately. Yesterday, I bought 2 of the 100th anniversary cans and 4 bottles of Barbasol Brisk aftershave and today at Meijer I bought a can of Barbasol Aloe and Sensitive, both in the new cans.
    I must admit, I was kind of skeptical of the new cans at first (the look smaller, even though they claim to still be 7 oz) but I kind of like them now.

5. Badgerstate

Upon furthur review, the cans I bought are 7 oz but the 2 100th anniversary cans I have are 10 oz and everything online says 10 oz. What did I buy??? LOL

CrustyCat and ilts like this.
  6. Badgerstate

So, now Im wondering what Barbasol's logic is with these new cans. Why would you pay $1.40 for 7 oz of Barbsol when you could get an 11 oz can of Gillette Foamy for $1.80? Ive always preferred Barbasol over Foamy because of the price but if the 7 oz cans are the norm, I may have to reevaluate that.

Killerflyingbugs likes this.
  7. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Those smaller cans have been the norm for Barbasol sold at Dollar Tree stores for some time now. I sincerely hope they're not the new normal for other retailers.

Hembree likes this.
  8. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Quick out the door shave. IMG_20190209_204034_690.jpg

Hembree, chevyguy, brit and 3 others like this.
  9. Badgerstate

Me too because I love Barbasol. Like I said, if the new, small cans become the norm, I guess I'll just start using Foamy.
    Id be fine with sticking with Barbasol if the 7 oz cans cost around $1 but Im not going to pay more for less product.

Hembree, gorgo2 and Ursa like this.
  10. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbasol Shave 02/10/19 DSCF3351.JPG

11. Bird Lives

I would gladly pay more for less product, simply because I like Barbasol so much better than Gillette Foamy. I love the new Pacific Rush Menthol the most. And if I had to use Foamy Menthol, it'd just stick with Williams and Arko, and drop canned foam from the equation...of course ymmv....

It was Barbasol's luxurious lather thst got canned foam back in my rotation.

12. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Sunday's Barbarsol Shave 02/17/19 DSCF3374.JPG

13. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

And the 7 ounce cans only cost a dollar at the Dollar, and Dollar Tree stores. Downside for me is that my local stores only stock the Barbasol Original, and the Soothing Aloe Vera.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

14. Badgerstate

I think that carrying only the Original and the Sensitive is the norm everywhere now. I know that Target and Meijer only carry those in the 7 oz now. Really, for all the fuss, its not that much of a price difference. Its a difference of something like 19 cents and oz vs 21 cents an ounce. If a person likes Barbasol, its not as if its going to break the bank.

15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20190217_182003_800x450.jpg

Publix, this evening. Last time I was there, several weeks ago, the normal 10 oz cans. Now these, 7 oz, between the original size and the tiny travel size. But the price is the same as the 10 oz. Looks like we've created a monster and B's popularity has gone to their head?

If this keeps up I'll email them that they've lost a customer and go back to using soap (cuz ain't no way I'm using Foamy).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  16. brit

brit in a box

looks like classic "grocery amounts shrink while the price stays the same or goes up" marketing ..

17. chevyguy

That doesn't make sense to me on the 7 ounce price, are you sure that it just wasn't priced incorrectly?.

Clayton

18. chevyguy

I had a great shave tonight with the mentholated Pacific Rush. I did a wetshave with my Braun Series-7 and ended up nearly bbs. The Pacific Rush gave great skin protection, and was plenty slick. I'm getting over a cold and didn't want to cause anymore irritation under my nose by using one of my single edge razors. The Braun did a great job.

Clayton

19. Bird Lives

They are stocking the 7 oz can of Pacific Rush at my Safeway....At $2 something, I consider it a deal...One happy customer here. And the quality of the cream has gone up IMO.

20. Bird Lives

Tonights shave:[​IMG]
    Add the Barbasol PR menthol...it didn't make the photo.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019