Oldest wet shaving forums

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Alex7, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Alex7

Alex7 Active Member

What are the oldest wet shaving forums(from the oldest the the newest) between: Shavemyface, Straightrazorplace, Badger&Blade, Shavenook, Theshaveden, Theshavingroom.co.uk, Damnfineshave, Atgshaving forum(aganst the grain shaving forum) and the subreddit Wicked_edge?

Frijolero, Yehuda D and brit like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

No idea, but this one is the best by far. :)

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

And nicest.

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096::happy096:

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Age does not quality make...(I just made that up) :happy093:
    You may all quote me.

6. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I'm a member of this site (obviously), The Shave Nook, Against the Grain and Damn Fine Shave. I'm a former member of Badger and Blade and was banned back in July 2018 for a couple miss steps. First, I posted a political picture. They laid a limited ban on me from the section I posted in, The Barber Shop. I got 6 months for that one. What do I do? I create a second username and WHAM, banned from the entire site. Not sure how long it is but I'm guessing its permanent. But, while the moderators of B&B need to lighten up a bit (6 months for a picture that had no words on it?), I have to say the users on that site are a good bunch of guys. I would be lying if I said I don't miss their banter. That's not to say these other four sites aren't good. They are better than good. Great. And while some of the B&B people are on these sights as well, many are not. I guess my life mirrors my shaving. I like lots of variety. So, while I'm happy with four shaving forum memberships, I guess I'd be happier with five.

7. brit

brit in a box

love this sight and post a shave or 3 on DFS.. this is home for me..

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Hmm I head B&B is one of the oldest but this forum is pretty old too. But I wouldn’t know. I’m only active here and have only been here a couple of years. I’m technically a member on other forums but usually only hock my wares on those sites.

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Don't know about the others, TSD goes back to at least early February of 2007.

Like @MntnMan62 I'm a B&B refugee. Doesn't take much to tangle with the Mod's over there. My crime? Expressing a positive feeling about patchouli. There is a procedure that may make it possible to visit the website as a Visitor (deleting cookies) but I've made my peace and moved on.

LaneP, jgreenepa, 9nein9 and 9 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

choose this sight..great people here , not egos..

11. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Patchouli is outlawed on B&B? You can't talk about a particular scent? It's a scent that happens to be in lots of soaps and creams, especially in some of the bigger artisan names. That's just ridiculous.

jgreenepa, 9nein9, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

may sign up just to use my favorite response ie "pound sand"...:)

13. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

I am a member of this site and one other. While at first, the pace here was different for me, I have come to love the slowed-down, relaxed atmosphere. There just doesn't seem to be the same "instant gratification" impulse on this forum that elsewhere inspires multitudes of immediate cloned responses. At times, the other forum would make me a bit frustrated due to the sheer volume of folks who didn't seem to try and find answers before posting--among other things.

I find myself here more and more as a result and don't participate much elsewhere--it just suits me more. TSD is a great community!

Apologies to the OP for not really answering the question. Oldest, not sure, but I like the wisdom and maturity here.

14. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Sharprazorpalace is older than B&B.

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I don’t know the oldest either, but TSD is in a league of its own in my experience.

16. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Agreed, together with ATG Shaving, because that's more "European" (even if the Brits hate me now for that remark )

17. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

That is ridiculous. I didn't know what it was and had to look it up. A plant. Sheesh. Anyway, I think I've found a new home here.

jgreenepa, 9nein9, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  18. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Oldest doesn't interest me only the BEST! Which is why I only come here for both info and pleasant interaction.:happy088:

19. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I dont know exactly which one is the oldest but this site, B&B and SRP are some of the original wet shaving forums.

20. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

1.jpg