Murphy and McNeil Shaving Soaps

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Hembree, Jan 14, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

They haunt my dreams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Is business picking up?

brit likes this.
  3. Business has been really good actually. Ruds review on Trinity was like shifting gears!

It’s just an adjustment, and these pouches are one of the neglected tasks I let pile up... so shame on me!

sicemdawgs77, brit and Frijolero like this.
  4. Hembree

Glad to hear. Take care!

brit and Murphy and McNeil like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

on my list..cool packaging..will purchase from top of the chain being in canada..

Hembree and Murphy and McNeil like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i hate to ask but are samples available.. just curious..i don t mind just winging it either..its how i have the rest of the soaps i like ,that and the great reviews posted here..thank you..

7. We’ve got samples available on our site for sure, $2.99 for most and free u.s. shipping.

If you’re outside U.S. we’d just need to figure out the shipping situation. Costs us quite a bit too! :-/

8. brit

brit in a box

thats awesome.. thank you..

Hembree likes this.
  9. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Just tried your Mandate of Heaven last week .Loved the scent and performance of your soap .

Murphy and McNeil, Hembree and brit like this.
  10. TY! :)

Hembree and brit like this.
  11. Hembree

02/25/2019

RazoRock 400 Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Salsa Bowl / Timeless bowl scuttle
    Murphy & McNeil - Triskele
    CVS SE Blade
    Gem – G-bar
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

Just a quick Monday morning before work shave. The G-bar and Murphy & McNeil performed great. Nice shave with no weepers or nicks.

Y'all take care and have a great great Monday!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. Hembree

03/01/2019

Parker CHST – Chrome Handle Silver Tip
    Murphy & McNeil – Crann Bethadh
    CVS SE Blade
    Gem – MMOC
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

Just a quick Friday morning before work shave. The MMOC and Murphy & McNeil performed great. Nice shave with no weepers or nicks. First time using the Parker CHST.

Finish up with a little Nivea and Clubman.

Y'all take care and have a great weekend!

[​IMG]

13. Hembree

03/12/19

Murphy & McNeil – Trinity - Sample
    Yaqi DOC Mellon head on unknown brand aluminum handle
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

Awesome shave this morning with no weepers or nicks. Just a nice comfortable shave with three passes. It is hard to beat the Yaqi DOC head. It is great value and shaves great.

The fluted aluminum handle came in yesterday from Poland. It was on a G/N razor head but I don’t think it was original to the head. The handle is hollow and is very light and has to be paired with a light weight head. The handle is unusual and looks great with the Razorock 400 brush. The handle took a little work but polished up nice.

The Murphy & McNeil Trinity performs great and the more I use Murphy & McNeal soap the more I like it. I took just a small amount of the soap with my finger and smeared it onto the bottom of the salsa bowl. It did not take long to whipped up some nice thick lather. The Murphy & McNeil soap performs great.

Finished up with some Clubman classic and out the door to work.

Y'all take care, have a great day and shave on!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Shaver X, brit and ob1page like this.
  14. Hembree

03/21/19

Oneblade Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Murphy & McNeal – Bad Mor
    Karve – 3.25-inch Handle, Plate B
    Voskhod Blade - Fresh
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The long anticipated first shave with the Karve was completed this morning. So, was the Karve everything I thought it would be? Yes, and more. I did have one small weeper on my neck but that was my fault and not the razors. It shaves awesome and I would say a notch above the Rockwell 6s. The 6s is a great razor and is more of a utilitarian type tool that just gets the job done. The Karve seems to have “soul” if that makes sense. Don’t get me wrong I love my Rockwell and it will forever stay in the rotation but I see the Karve getting a lot of love in the near future. I also feel the Karve will get a little better as I get the feel for it and get it “dialed” in.

I am still impressed with the Murphy and McNeal soap. It lathers up quick, has great cushion and is slick. As I have previously said the more I use it the more I like it. It is a great soap and I continually find myself going for.

I finished up with some Nivea and Pinuad Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum.

Take care, have a great day and a little enabling to follow.

Get yourself a Karve if you have not, the Karve is supercalafajalistickespeealadojus!

[​IMG]

Shaver X, Paul Turner, brit and 3 others like this.
  15. Thank You!

brit, Hammer8 and Hembree like this.
  16. Hembree

03/25/2019

Timeless Shaving Bowl
    Murphy & McNeil - Crann Bethadh Shaving Soap
    Karve Razor – 3.25 Inch Handle, Plate C
    Voshkod Blade
    Nivea Sensitive Post Balm
    Pinaud Clubman Classic

Third run with the Karve this morning and I can say that it is getting better and better. This is truly an amazing razor. I completed two passes and touched up a few areas on the neck. The Murphy and McNeil is some slick soap and performs great.

Finished with Nivea and a little Clubman Classic aftershave.

Y'all take care and have a great Monday!
    [​IMG]

17. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

I’m still working my way through some samples I received, and I’m extremely impressed. Slickness, cushion, and comfort of shave outperforms anything I currently have in the cabinet. An order of some full size tubs will be placed in the next week or 2.

18. Hembree

M & M can hang with Stirling. I find myself continually grabbing the M & M. I love the scent of Bad Mor.

brit, Frijolero and Hammer8 like this.
  19. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

I have tubs from Stirling, Captain’s Choice, Wet Shaving Products, and a few samples from Grooming Dept in the cabinet right now. I still find myself reaching for M&M over the others. Chances are very likely that this is my new go to soap.

tspierce78, ob1page, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Hembree

3/29/19

Murphy & McNeil – Triskle
    Derby Blade
    Rockwell 6S – Plate 6
    Nivea Post Balm
    Pinuad Clubman Classic

I broke out the Rockwell this morning for a great shave. The Rockwell was feeling a little neglected due to the addition of the Karve to the den.

The Rockwell fails to give a bad shave and it is just dependable. When paired with a great soap like the Murphy & McNeil it is a joy to drive. The Murphy and McNeil is continually impressive, just a slick cushiony lather that does an excellent job.

Finish up with a little Nivea and Clubman.

Y'all take care and have a great weekend!

[​IMG]

brit, Hammer8, tspierce78 and 3 others like this.