February 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 31, 2019.

?

What favorites will you be using this month?

1. My favorite DE other than a Fatboy!

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  2. My Fatboy - because it's AWESOME!!

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  3. Another adjustable - because it's almost as AWESOME as the Fatboy!

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  4. A straight razor or two or three - because the Dark Side and I are one!

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  5. SE razors - because they are the coolest and vintagiest of all the vintages!

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  6. Mostly cookies. Maybe some cake. And ice cream when I can get it!

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Yes, I have the newer version of Old Spice and prefer the one when I was a teenager.

wristwatchb, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Danny, I saved you from shaving it! Lol!

wristwatchb, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm glad Nirav @Spock shared the idea. Having experimented a little trying for that Super Lather effect this was a real success.
    Finishing with The Veg - Winning!
    over here winning.png

Because of a shipping error there's another puck of Florida Water soap somewhere out there in Shave Land. I added it to the great soap pass around that came my way.

I was struck with a thought, but I got back up and kept going. Have you ever stopped to think and forgot to start again? While the majority of 30 DC is CONUS, we have a respectable number of Canadians. Also a number of respectable Canadians. Never know where the next new member will reside. When crossing boarders does it makes sense to gather stuff in one box? When the time comes arranging a Shipping Buddy system could cut costs and speed up delivery.

Will sending soaps to Newbies count as "finishing" them? Conversation will continue into March thread.:cool:

Keithmax, brit, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Check those dusty corners in your local thrift & antique stores, watch for estate & garage sales. Once I bought my 3rd or 4th bottle of vintage juice for less than $10 I quit seeking it. Finding a set of OS Leather AS & Cologne was another right place/right time buy. I'm still watching for Lime & Burley.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 28, 2019
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Proraso Cypress & Vetyver
    Cream and Balm

[​IMG]

Up for an early morning shave with an afternoon post. I put the Proraso Cypress & Vetyver cream into the empty AOS cream container. I find it much easier to use than the big bag. The CH2 synthetic whipped up a wonderful slick lather. Three passes and touch ups ended in a near perfect BBBS shave. An operator caused weeper stood in the way of a perfect finish. I did manage to go to the doctor this morning. No surprise, I ended up on meds. I decided to take the remainder of the day off and rest. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

February 2019 Recap

[​IMG]

I really did not have a game plan for the month. My primary goal this year is to enjoy the shaves and use up some software. On both points, February was a very good month. I enjoyed the Supply SE so much, I bought a second one from their discount section. I also couldn't help myself and added another CH2 synthetic to the den. I did manage to finish off the AOS Sandalwood cream this month. I have several others that are well on their way to being finished. As usual the best part of the month was participating in the 30dc thread. The friendship with long time members is a huge plus and it was very nice to see some new folks. I do hope they stick around. I look forward to participating in next months thread with both the veterans and new members.

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

So, I've been looking for a new job for the last couple of weeks. Looking for something that is close to home and that would remove the 3+ hours of commuting that I do daily. I just got a call from an employer to whom I submitted my resume to and they were very excited and wanted me to come in ASAP for an interview, as in this afternoon ASAP. Of course I agreed, wish me luck!!

7. Linuxguile

Beautiful shave and great month, Clint! I hope the new meds bring you some relief.

wristwatchb, RyX, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Andrew!

Hembree, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Great news, Andrew! Good luck and let us know how you think it went.

wristwatchb, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Wonderful photo and recap, Clint! Glad you were able to see the doctor quickly and you're able to rest today.

11. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Love your recaps, Clint!
    The Cobra is one cool looking razor!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

12. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great news, Andrew! Good luck!

wristwatchb, Hembree, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Thank you Perry and Jim! I'm excited but nervous. I do love my current job and am comfortable here, the commute is just getting to be a bit much and it's hard being so far away from home and the boys.

Keithmax, wristwatchb, RyX and 6 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I get it, Andrew. I wouldn't want your commute. I'm torn though, what 30DCer am I going to meet for lunch?

wristwatchb, RyX, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  15. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Clint! Great calendar and wrap up!

16. Norcalnewb

Congrats, Andrew! Good luck on the interview!

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great news Andrew. Good luck with the interview.

18. Norcalnewb

Excellent picture, Andrew! Congrats on the successful Fat shave.

19. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Clint!

Hembree, Linuxguile, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew.

Thank your Perry.

Thank you Jim. The Cobra is my coolest looking razor for sure. It shaves even better than it looks.

Thank you Jim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.